1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norv Turner going to Cleveland as OC?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Coy, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Its been told Norv is not interested in coming back to Dallas
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,400 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    Is that the same Cam Cameron that forgot Ray Rice was on the team?

No thanks, we already have an OC that forgets that RBs are on the roster, so I dont really see this as an upgrade. Might as well let Red keep calling pass plays from his Madden sheet.
  3. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Cameron would be a dumb move. He doesn't utilize his best players and never knows how to play in in-game situations. We already have that with Garrett. I would prefer a move back to Sparano or new blood.
  4. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Thinking about Callahan calling plays doesn't make me feel any better than Garrett doing it. I want somebody that is creative and knows how to tailor their offense to the personnel. Example, Kyle Shanahan completely surprised me with the developments of RGIII and Alfred Morris. That offense was pretty impressive. Not saying I want him, but I know I don't want Garrett calling plays anymore and I don't think it will be any better with Callahan, either.
  5. Beast_from_East

14,400 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received

He is probably looking for a little more job security, probably will get a multi year commitment from Clevland.

In Dallas, Norv knows this is probably a one year gig, then Red gets shown the door next year and the new HC wants to bring his guys in and Norv is left looking for a job again.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Right because you would think Callahan would keep the same offense Jason is calling. Unless Jerry steps in and undermines Jason, and tells him to change it up. That would be the only way I see Callahan taking over.
  7. Beast_from_East

14,400 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    Callahan is a WCO guy, that is his offense, not this crap that Garrett is running.

So if Callahan is named the OC, are we going to let him install his WCO or is Callahan going to call plays but we are keeping Garrett's scheme?

If we are keeping Garrett's scheme, might as well just let Red keep calling the plays then.

Man, this offseason is looking like one big FUBAR:mad:
  8. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

591 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Common Man, come and join the circus in Dallas Norv. Another year of mediocrisy coming.:bang2:
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,783 Messages
    7,146 Likes Received
    What you really want is someone who can call plays that doesn't require talent along the offensive line.

Good luck with that. I think he's right over there next to that unicorn.
  10. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,128 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    God no, look what he did to the Jets last year
  11. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    My hope was that the offensive line would receive a complete face-lift this off-season. Is that wrong?
  12. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Also continue to hear that there is a very good chance Norv Turner joins Chudzinski in Cleveland
  13. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,485 Messages
    1,710 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind Norv here, but I kind of prefer for the clamoring for him to die. So I hope he does go there.
  14. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    I don't want norv here. He's going to Cleveland. His son is following chud to Cleveland so it makes sense
  15. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,390 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    It's a done deal.
  16. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,623 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Thank you Cleveland. And if you need an OT, feel "Free" to give the Cowboys a call.