1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norv Turner to be fired

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jblaze2004, Dec 6, 2012.

1. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,319 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    If we go 6-10 Garrett is gone. That's a major step backwards and you don't let it go further.

If you believe in Romo, you want Reid, if you want to draft a QB with a strong accurate arm, you take Norv.
  2. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,890 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    Probably a clause that they can't discuss it.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    That's exactly what people are doing. They hear names who were here in the 90's and want them back in the hopes that it becomes 1993 all over again.

These same people ignore the fact that Norv Turner has been a complete and utter failure since the day he walked out of Valley Ranch. The 20 years since then never happened. Just come back to Dallas and it will be the Triplets dominating the league all over again.

They don't let things like facts and reality get in their way.
  4. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    One can only hope. If Garrett is to be replaced, Payton is the only guy I would be interested in.
  5. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,111 Messages
    459 Likes Received

If anyone wants to sack him after such a small sample size of head coaching they have a screw loose :tongue:

Looks like it. IF you want to see it. Some do not.

Locktite.

Norm, like Wade. Good coordinators ONLY. He could only help.
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,105 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    yea, that must be it. anything to keep the hate alive.

*probably*
    *maybe*

people put a lot of "hate" into things that are not certain.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,290 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    The happy fans can deny it all they want, but if we go 6-10 dropping our last 4 games in a row...............going to be a hard sell to keep Red Ball.

Now I am not saying it is a given he is going to be fired, all I am saying is that if we lose out and go 6-10 its going to be very, very, very difficult for Jerry to sell the fans the idea that Garrett is the guy to fix this mess.

Most fans are not going to be very receptive to the idea of Garrett coming back if we lose out. I know I am not going to be blowing C-notes at Jerry World if Garrett is still on the sideline next year if we tank out.
  8. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    If more fans would quit putting money in Jerry's pocket via merchandise and tickets, it may get his attention. I know I will not spend a dime on this team until we either make a coaching change or start having success under Garrett. Since I have a lot of doubt we will ever have success under Garrett based on what I have seen, then it will more than likely take a coaching change for me to open my wallet!
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,667 Messages
    4,539 Likes Received
    If we lose all 16 the following season, it'll be even tougher to justify bringing him back next year. Can you imagine what that would be like, after losing 20 straight?
  10. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Hello SETX neighbor.
    I suspect that if of "fans" stop buying gear and tickets it wont even be noticed. The brand itself is just so popular it will always huge numbers. Jerry world is the place to be on Sundays, I imagine that half of those at the game, buying the crap, dont keep up with the team on any kind of a regular basis.

Also, a little off topic, but there must have been some real hardcore fans there last week. I was pleased with how loud the crowd got.
  11. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    I completely missed the game last week. I had to fly to Virginia for a business trip. My flight left late Sunday. First game I have not watched or at least listened to on the radio that I can remember.

BTW- Where do you live?
  12. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Perhaps you sould fly to Virginia again Sunday.

I live in the downtown metro area of Bridge City.
  13. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,133 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Yeah, and his name is Jerral Wayne Jones Sr....
  14. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

537 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I think he's being sarcastic. At lease I hope he is.
  15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,171 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Please make this happen. No offense, but we want our guy back that we should have never let leave.
  16. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,665 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Doesn't mean it isn't happening. Every once in a while, you might get a coach to bad mouth a former boss, but it's rare. The NFL is a pretty tight knit fraternity, and most don't want to get a reputation as someone who likes to burn bridges, especially when the guy paid him millions of dollars.

Listen to Jerry's radio interviews, when they get around to talking about players and their roles. Very often it's "I". "I" like this player in this role, "I" envision so-and-so doing that. It's rarely "we".
  17. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,038 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Word is Chargers may get rid of Rivers too.

Do you think he's better than Romo? I don't. I thought it was interesting though, that Rivers has almost the same numbers as Rapistburger in almost 2 entire seasons less games (backup for Brees)

[IMG]
  18. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry does and he has lots of loose screws. :laugh2:
  19. lane

lane The Chairman

10,429 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    nah man..

they do not appear tight .
  20. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Stats are misleading. Its clear that his offense isnt working as it should.

Maybe the better question is with Norv and Jason both looking like clowns, is the air coryell irrelevant?