1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norv Turner to be fired

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jblaze2004, Dec 6, 2012.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    Ok. So without real proof we run to this. Amazing.
  2. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,758 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    No, you're right. I should just disrepect any opinion that doesn't jive with mine, and act like I know more than everybody else.
  3. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    Im not saying I know or reading between the lines of radio interviews. Im saying alk you said is speculation without an ounce of fact.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Hasn't he read Cowboyszone? If he had, he'd have learned there was literally zero chance of that happening. How could the Saints version of Brad Sham know better than some posters here?
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Great question.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,729 Likes Received
    Here's the source of the speculation, as near as I can tell. Not exactly rock-solid stuff:

7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Neither is the speculation that JG is staying here.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,758 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    First, I apologize for my earlier post. I'm not saying I know for a fact what's going on with Jerry or the Cowboys. And yes, you're right. Many people, whether it be here, or another board, or ESPN, make rampant speculation without anything real to back it up. But that's part of what these boards are for, as frustrating as it may be.

As for "real proof" or facts, well, I spent a few years working in pro sports. Not enough to know everything, but for sure enough to know that you don't bad mouth a former boss, if you want to keep working in that sport. Some, like Parcells, have the clout to get away with it. Most do not. I've seen first hand where an owner, or GM, or personnel director have undermined their employees, yet those employees know not to air it out publicly. It's very plausible that this is the case here as well.

So with that, here's hoping you have a wonderful holiday season. All the best to you and yours.
  9. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    all good man, no need to apologize. just a tense morning all around.

best to you and your family also!
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,729 Likes Received
    A coach is overwhelmingly more likely to be retained if there's not solid speculation he's going to be replaced. That's the important difference.

But I wouldn't have a problem with Payton. Just looking for the source of the speculation.
  11. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,487 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    Oooooooooo that stings...
  12. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

So JG is staying with a 6-10 record?
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    There wouldn't be any speculation if he would just do his job and win football games. :)
  14. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    I don't think he should stay here with an 8-8 record.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

If he stays and we miss the playoffs then I;m done with this team next season
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    I won't be done, but I won't be excited for the first time in a long time. I will expect the same results even if we get an all pro Oline. Except next year Jake Long will be the one with all the penalties.
  17. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,820 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    SD kept letting its talent go. Brees, Sproles, LT, Jackson......

They had Rivers to replace Brees

They never had anyone to replace LT and Sproles. Their running game is garbage.

They have no WRs that can compare to Jackson.

Gates has been hurt often and they have no one to replace him when he is out.

The OL has gotten progressively worse, due to age and injuries.

Even with all of this, the Chargers still found a way to rack up yardage and put up points. Most of the credit has to go to Rivers....who acts quite *****y, but still is the main reason the team is even in ball games.

I would love to have Norv back in Dallas. As an OC, he does a great job. Also, if he were to be our OC, it would allow Garrett to focus more on game and clock management. He would no longer have to be the OC and HC. He could simply be the HC and lead this team. I feel Garrett, Norv, and Callahan could definitely work together to produce a high powered offense.
  18. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    I have some good friends in Bridge City and have a couple of girls from there on the soccer team I coach. I also work for the refinery at the foot of the Rainbow Bridge.