1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not all Hollywood is Liberal

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jon Voight called Obama a "false prophet", and said that the Repubs need to get back in power to free America from the "Obama oppression"
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I wonder if his movie career will suffer.

I know Bo Derek made this claim on Bill O'Reilly.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    one politician told him that he hoped he could find work after that lol

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1083303

Heidi Przybyla Heidi Przybyla – Tue Jun 9, 12:58 am ET
    June 9 (Bloomberg) -- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said President Barack Obama’s plan to fix the economy through stimulus spending and government intervention to boost companies like General Motors Corp. has "already failed."
    Gingrich was the keynote speaker at a fundraising dinner for the Republican House and Senate campaign committees, filling a role President George W. Bush had served for the past eight years.
    "Bureaucrats managing companies does not work, politicians dominating the economy does not work," Gingrich told about 2,000 Republicans who attended the event at the Washington Convention Center last night.
    Some Republican leaders hailed Gingrich, the leader of the 1994 "Republican Revolution," as a de facto head of the party at a time when Republicans are looking for ideas to lead them back to the majority.
    In introducing Gingrich, Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin called him the “architect of the last reform movement” and “the man of ideas.”
    Gingrich was preceded by a series of Republican leaders who also took aim at Democrats and the government bailout of Detroit-based GM, New York-based American International Group Inc. and other companies.
    Congress in February passed a $787 billion stimulus measure that Republican lawmakers have criticized, saying it hasn’t lived up to administration promises.
    Obama said yesterday there are signs the economy may be headed toward a recovery. "We're seeing a reduction in the fear that gripped the market just a few months ago," he said at the White House.
    ‘Radical Agenda’
    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said Obama has a "radical agenda." Republicans have "watched them take over banks, insurance companies, auto companies," he said, “and now they want to take over your health care.”
    "We’re going to need some wins next November to slow down their agenda," said McConnell. House Minority Leader John Boehner of Ohio said Democrats are using their control of Congress "to bury our children and the middle class under a mountain of debt."
    Actor Jon Voight, the master of ceremonies, opened the evening with a series of sharp attacks on Obama, something many Republican leaders have been hesitant to do in light of the president’s high approval ratings.
    A USA Today/Gallup Poll taken May 29-31 gave him a 61 percent approval rating.
    ‘Weak Nation’
    "We are becoming a weak nation," said Voight, calling Obama a "false prophet." Republicans need to find their way back to power to free the nation from "this Obama oppression," he said.
    Both McConnell and Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah, who followed Voight, seemed pleasantly surprised.
    "I’m still just reveling that someone from Hollywood made a speech like that. I hope you’re going to be able to find work after this," said McConnell. "I really enjoyed that."

Senator John Cornyn of Texas called the speech "refreshing."
    The dinner, which included 150 members of Congress, raised $14.5 million for the Republican House and Senate campaign committees.
    Alaska Governor and former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Bob McDonnell were among the special guests.
    Gingrich dialed back his criticism of U.S. Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, only saying she is "wrong" on the issue of quotas, without citing any rulings she had made in favor of racial quotas.
    Gingrich Controversy
    After Obama nominated Sotomayor on May 26, Gingrich posted a blog saying, "A white man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw."
    On June 3, Gingrich took back his description of her as a "racist," though he continued to criticize a 2001 speech by her as a "betrayal" of fundamental principles. In the speech, she suggested a "wise Latina" would reach "better" decisions than white males.
    Obama nominated Sotomayor, 54, last month to succeed retiring Justice David Souter. If confirmed by the Senate, she would be the first Hispanic to sit on the nation’s highest court.
    Obama said last week: "I’m sure she would have restated" her 2001 remarks if given the chance and that she was saying that her life experiences would help her understand other people’s struggles. Republican lawmakers have sought to distance themselves from the "racist" claims of Gingrich and conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.
  4. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will repeat what someone said earlier last week, blaming Barack Obama for the Mortgage Meltdown and subsequent leaking into the overall economy is like blaming George W. Bush for 9-11 or the sinking economy that Bush inherited from Bill Clinton.
  5. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    no comment
  6. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,714 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Partially yes but since Obama and his entourage were all too content to blame Bush for every ill under the sun the old rule of he who smelt it dealt it applies as the proverbial buck stops with him, what goes around comes around, add whatever folksy cliche that comes to mind here.

The economy has worsened since his inaugural and the nationalization of industries and the faux stimulus are two very prominant culprits in the continued spiral, he inherited bad (something he's not blameless for mind you as a member of congress) and has thus far made it worse.
  7. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    To be fair, Jon Voight hasn't had a major role in forever.
  8. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,714 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    He's making more money as a character actor now than ever as a leading man, he's been in National Treasure 1 & 2, Tomb Raider, Transformers, Enemy of the State, Varsity Blues, Holes, Ali, Pearl Harbor, Mission:Impossible, the show 24; he's making mad bank, in fact Jon Voight movies have outgrossed George Clooney or Brad Pitt movies this decade.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he was also in that cop movie recently with that Irish guy and Ed Norton
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    I think Jon Voight is very much outnumbered in Hollywood when it comes to liberals and conservatives within Hollywood and entertainers in general.
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree, he's from a conservative era, which probably plays a bit of a role
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :eek:

You should see Midnight Cowboy. :D

In all seriousness, he shouldn't even be using that language.
    They're politicians, not prophets, false or otherwise and no one in their right mind should expect them to be.

If we're getting to the point where we're getting 'mystic' over our crooks, I mean politicians, this country is sliding downhill faster than even I had imagined.
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,303 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    anyone who fathers a goddess like Angelina Jolie is fine by me even if I disagree with his politics
  14. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is he and his daughter on speaking terms now?
  15. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I loved him in Anaconda :laugh2:

But I do agree with him...
  16. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not to mention then going on to blame McCain for every ill they previously blamed on Bush.
  17. Guli

Guli New Member

49 Messages
    0 Likes Received

What on earth makes you think these people are in their right mind?

“In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He’s sort of GOD. He’s going to bring all different sides together.”
    - Newsweek editor Evan Thomas
  18. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Evan Thomas

Idiot
  19. xout

xout Believer

487 Messages
    0 Likes Received