1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not buying Dez Bryant yet? Check out this interview with him ...vid added Post #56

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Romonater, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,844 Messages
    3,851 Likes Received
    Oh yeah and that definitely describes Romo. :rolleyes:
  2. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    It would be nice to see someone double teamed allot but if he's what he appears to be it wont be a problem. He's up there with J.rice C.Jonson in number of catches for the first 3 years if he's that good and I think he is, he'll adjust to double teams. I seen the frustration a couple times last year but it seemed like when he caught on that guys were pushin his buttons to get him there it wasn't an issue. My only concern with him is how physical he is, I'd like to see him be smarter on his jumps or landings.
  3. Heelsboy

Heelsboy Active Member

205 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    You have never seen him laugh and joke with team mates?
    How about yell at them in a game or practice when they mess up?
    Or read about how he coached players on the sideline when he was recovering from surgery?

4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,844 Messages
    3,851 Likes Received
    Yeah I just saw it start the last two years. Dez is starting a lot earlier in his career. Like I mentioned before by the end of this season and the beginning of next, he will be the true leader of this team. He has the perfect combination of passion, likeability, emotion, desire to win, swagger, youth, and rep around the league.
  5. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Hate to harp on this point but I'm so proud of this guy's maturation process on and off the field. For the 6 or 7 other posters who stood by Dez when everyone else here quit on him, I know you guys are beaming with joy as well. Gonna be a great year for him
    JustDezIt, CowboyStar88 and Zordon like this.
  6. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    If I had to pick a position I felt truly excited about it would be WR. Dez is going to lead the charge.
  7. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,356 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Wow. You are on his sack way too hard right now. Give him a chance to prove all of that.
  8. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,172 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    So wait, does Jerry get boatloads of credit for trading up and drafting Dez now?

Just kidding. I've been here long enough to know Jerry only gets credit when something goes wrong.
  9. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,699 Messages
    1,852 Likes Received
    Yes, absolutely.

The larger question is, has Jerry made enough Dez-like moves to turn this team into a contender?

We shall see....
  10. Romonater

Romonater Active Member

152 Messages
    47 Likes Received

Ignorance to the max
    Afigueroa22 likes this.
  11. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    He became an elite wide receiver last year. This year he becomes the best. You knew if he got his head together that he would be unstoppable. I doubt I will be able to get him cheap in my fantasy teams this year.
  12. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    I love how the Cowboys gave him all the resources needed to get on track. I also credit Dez for maturing and taking the advice of the good people really looking out for him. Its real easy to root for a guy like Dez. He's not a bad person, at all.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  13. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    717 Likes Received
    Can't wait for my new Thanksgiving day Dez Jersey to get here!!
  14. TonyRomo09

TonyRomo09 Member

456 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I Love Dez, He is our team's Heart.. but Tony is it's head.

We compare him to Irvin. and from a team standpoint I think that is accurate. Everyone loved Irvin, he pumped people up, he was the Heart of the team.. but Aikman ran the huddle, he got on people's A** if they messed up. We have seen that from Romo over the past few years.. make no mistake, he is the leader. Today We have the Head and the Heart like we did in the 90's.. We just need the Legs. (Emmitt.)
  15. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Well-Known Member

621 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Eat crow Deion.
    CowboyMcCoy likes this.
  16. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    We also need the line.
  17. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,687 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Dez beat double teams lots last season, If you think opposing defenses didn't have stopping Dez as their #1 priority the week the played the cowboys i want what you're smoking.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,700 Messages
    4,560 Likes Received
    Everybody quit on Dez?
  19. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,352 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Dez might not be everyone's favorite Cowboy, but he's the best player on this team...period. Otherworldly talent, this is the guy most likely to make the game changing play when we need it.
  20. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    You can re-read my post and then bold for me where I said that.

You were one of his notorious bashers (along with Mr. "Dez is just a possession receiver", where you at?) so no surprise you quoted me