1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not buying Dez Bryant yet? Check out this interview with him ...vid added Post #56

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Romonater, Jul 23, 2013.

1. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,317 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    This is exactly what I came in to this thread to say.
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Everyone was ready to give up on him during the crackhead incident. I wasn't. I'm glad to see him rise above it and succeed.
  3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I remember when Trick and I were discussing the potential of us getting him. We were so excited we were in disbelief. Man, I'm still excited.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,673 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Gosh I love the passion from Dez... we need a few more players to step up with that kind of passion. A few years ago Hatcher said he didn't know who the leader(s) were on this team... well now it is pretty clear. Dez is 100% the leader. I can't fully say that about any of the others.. maybe Witten in a quiet way do your job type of way.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,484 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Maturity is a beautiful thing.

I have always liked the kid, .. I wish I could have seen this interview, and not just listen to it.
  6. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    What a disappointing interview. They didn't once ask what his mom's job was.
  7. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    It almost makes me teary eyed listening to him. I was pulling for him so much. I wanted him to have a better life than what he was given for so much of his young life. I can't say enough how proud I am to see him mature and take control of his life. Kudos to all those in his life that are helping him become a level headed young man.
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,134 Messages
    1,204 Likes Received
    That is nonsense about Romo. He's been a one-man team for years. If he played in San Francisco, he would have won the Super Bowl last year.
  9. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,134 Messages
    1,204 Likes Received
    Is Brady aloof? Was Aikman? Rodgers, Peyton, Young, Moon......?

Leaders tend to be that way. Dez is a phenomenal player, but he's a long way from being a mentor for other players. Maybe one day.
  10. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,096 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    DCFanatic is a complete tool

I love Dez though
    AsthmaField likes this.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,463 Likes Received
    LOL What does this rant have to do with what I said? If Dez played for SF he would have won a Super Bowl too. :D
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,463 Likes Received
    Is Brady aloof? Let's see...(look at the score in the game)

Aikman aloof? LOL. Michael Irvin was scared to cross him.

Weren't you the one beating the drums a year ago to lock up Dez and throw away the key?
  13. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,130 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    Romo's not a leader only if you dislike him. Simple as that.

Just another intangible, irrational criticism of the guy. Good reminder of the unintelligence of the average NFL fan.
  14. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

7,899 Messages
    1,473 Likes Received
    I think that's more a result of people measuring WR performance in terms of production (rec, yds, TD) rather than efficiency (yards per target, catch rate, TD% INT%). If you used the same stats to judge WR performance that are used for QB, you'd find a greater correlation between WR performance and successful passing attacks.

That's why it's rare to see a QB and a WR from the same team both make first team All-Pro. It doesn't mean the All-Pro QB don't have WR who are worthy. Just means they're not over-targeting their WR enough to make them All-Pro or get them into what's considered the Top 5.
  15. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Wow...the difference between this interview and his first is like night and day. What a mature sounding, confident, energetic and willing player. Just listening to this you get the feeling that he JUST CAN'T WAIT for the season to start. He says that he loves football so much that he would probably play for free...and I almost believe him. I really feel that Dez is going to be an absolute monster this year...a monster.
    CowboyStar88 and Zordon like this.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,322 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
  17. ufcrules1

6,673 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    I think we finally found our leader.
  18. ufcrules1

6,673 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Aikman aloof.. Brady aloof? lol... think again.
  19. ufcrules1

6,673 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Here is Peyton being aloof....
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,645 Messages
    1,088 Likes Received
    Dez is going to be a bad mutha(shut your mouth)...!

His light bulb came on and he knows what he wants and has to do. I am excited to see what he does this season.