1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not one sack given up...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Aug 12, 2006.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Against the best pass rush in the NFL a year ago

Impressive
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    2 of their starting d-lineman did not start
  3. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,130 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    Grant Wistrom didn't play...
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even still, no sacks with our O-Line surprises me
  5. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter who played. No sacks is NO SACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,955 Messages
    1,110 Likes Received
    Still... a good pass rushing team. Romo is hard to sack. He gets the ball off fast and has enough mobility to move in the pocket to avoid pressure.

Nice.
  7. zrinkill

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Hey dont get me wrong ...... Romo did an incredible job a few times at avoiding the rush ....

Just pointing out that it wasnt the superbowl D we are facing.
  8. zrinkill

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Micky Spags just brought up the fact that there has been no sacks allowed ......

props to you guys for pointing it out first.
  9. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Part of that is because Romo has done some running to escape the pressure... he's currently got 4 carries, for 18 yards... and of course, the running game hasn't been much-- 26 carries, 80 yards... 3.1 average...

Not that I'm displeased, mind you, the Boys had nearly 310 yards of total offense in the first 3 quarters... I have to keep reminding myself this is only the first preseason game, so it really doesn't mean much...
  10. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

But you know as wee as i do many people on all the Cowboys boards would be screaming if we had 100 yards a 3 points. So from that prospective it's nice to see us do well. At least we won't have all the "sky is falling" threads.
  11. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, it looks like the first year in a while that the Boys will win their preseason opener... one wonders what the Chicken Littles will do for diversion tomorrow... :D
  12. Bob Dole

Bob Dole New Member

246 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo gets the ball out quickly. If Bledsoe was playing, there would have been at least 2 or 3 sacks tonight.
  13. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Romo had great pocket presence.. there were lots of times where you thought he was about to get sacked and he moved up or over in the pocket.. I was impressed with it, and so were all the guys I was watching it with..
  14. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    0 sacks!!.... the silence is deafening. ;)
  15. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,643 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    how many sacks would have Bledsoe taken this game???

at least 3.....

pocket presence can't be taught......see Chad. Bledsoe has very little of it at this stage in his career.
  16. dallasfan31

dallasfan31 New Member

481 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no sacks i was so happy when i heard that. oline keep the work up parcells got them boys ready to play some football.
  17. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wasn't blown away by the offensive line in this game. I thought Romo did an excellent job of escaping the rush and moving around the pocket. In fact, that was what i was most impressed with. He did well. The O-Line needs more work though.

By the way, they should need more work. This was the very first preseason game.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,359 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    I didn't get to see the game or even hear it. This is the most encouraging thing I've heard about it so far. I might get to watch it today at a friend's house.
  19. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,200 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    You guys notice how Romo would alter his delivery depending on the touch needed. I mean this guy showed poise and maturity beyond a rookie. His stepping up and even scrambeling was perfect when needed. His pocket presence was really good and his check downs were fast and acruate. I think hes a keeper.
  20. Glenn Carano

Glenn Carano New Member

574 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Relax everyone. You need a voice of reason. While it is a good sign that we gave up no sacks and you have to start somewhere, it's not like Seattle was using their full defensive arsenal and all their blitz packages and so on. Also, our run blocking was pathetic.