1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not quite familiar with Bill Callahan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Jan 22, 2013.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I'm not quite familiar with him to be honest. Has he been a playcaller before? and if so, what makes you think he'll be a better play caller than JG ( Please don't respond with dumb stuff); any playing calling stats available for him?
  2. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    He's very qualified, weird you do not know of Callahan...he's been around a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Callahan_(American_football)
  3. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    356 Likes Received
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,703 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    I think it sucks but whatever.
  5. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,719 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    I like it now.

:D
  6. Titleist

Titleist Active Member

553 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    According to Tim Brown, Callahan likes to botch games. Do we really want this guy calling our plays, or is this just another ESPN Cowboy-hate article?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...otaged-oakland-raiders-super-bowl-xxxvii-loss
  7. xtreme_2k

xtreme_2k Active Member

150 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I think what sucks are fans who can't seem to be happy no matter what. Most fans has been clamoring for JG not to call the plays, now it becomes a reality and there's still the "sky is falling" fans.
  8. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    My son had ESPN on when I came back from errands around noon CT. It's been dominating the conversation on the Scott Van Pelt show. IMO, typical ESPN...I mean, if this is true, it's a 10 year old story. Coincidental that Tim Brown says this today? I think not. :espn:
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,703 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    This is just change for change. I'd rather just go with Garrett calling plays over Callahan.

Nothing will change with Callahan and 2013 is just going to end with Garrett getting canned. It's inevitable.
  10. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I get the feeling there would be fans complaining about something right after we win the Super Bowl
  11. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,419 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
  12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Nothing will change offensively

Garrett will try to have his hands in the mix still, and turn Callahan into a puppet
  13. xtreme_2k

xtreme_2k Active Member

150 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Callahan as an OC would be located in the coaches booth he will have more opportunity to see the field of play and be able to make adjustments immediately as opposed to a coach on the field who has to rely on pics in between series. I can only imagine how slow JG has to process what plays to call when he can only really see half of the field from defensive positioning...
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    that is all some will ever do is complain. As if they could do the job themselfs and yet I doubt any of them could run a pee wee football team let alone an NFL team. :laugh2:
  15. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,643 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    Jason was relying on John in the booth.
  16. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received
  17. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,465 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    various notes.

Callahan is a good play caller and this allows JG to focus on game mgmt and asking his Coordinators for specific things.

This really is the best "process". Garrett has a solid offensive football mind and he has the makings of a great coach. BUT trying to do both he was clearly struggling at times.

Romo is a WCO type QB. Lots of movement; quick slants to Dez. Use RBs out of the backfield A LOT. Couple deep shots per game to Wr2(Austin).

Tim Brown says Callahan changed the game plan right before the SB. He did. Right after his starting OC went crazy and had to be replaced. He simplified the gameplan and kept it very basic. But he had a reason. The guy who made the line calls all year was gone.
  18. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received

gannon said they were a pass heavy team all year and the gameplan was to try to run it early. They failed to establish a run game early and fell behind. Gannon says this because he , as the starting and franchise QB was in ALL the gameplanning meetings with callahan and marc trestman, brown was never in one of them.
  19. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,066 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Will not last 75 carries next year before he heads to the sideline.

We need to draft another RB in the off-season to replace Jones and prepare for DeMarco going down.

Murray hasn't lasted the last 3 seasons without missing substantial games due to injury.

Time to wake up people. Guys got glass wheels.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin