1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not too worried about Crayton

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,226 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    Obviously we all like him, he is going to be a huge part of our future, but even if we lose him we still have Peerless Price (which will likely be an upgrade over crayton in the passing game).

Keyshawn and Witten will get more receptions probably.

But while we lose a returner (I'm guessing Tyson Thompson will do both now), we don't really lose anything in the passing game. The biggest loss is the experience Crayton was gaining.
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    We will miss Crayton but yes rice is not at all a bad 3rd WR option.

Aaron Glenn will return punts if he can't go.

Crayton is a very savvy so don't assume Price will fill the 3rd WR role better.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received

What? I don't think you can say that. Price can do some things crayton can't do, but Crayton does some things Price can't do. I don't think Price is "better" then Crayton though. If he were he would of been playing.
  4. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

1,376 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    don't forget we got Tom Crowder too on the PS
  5. NorTex

NorTex Well-Known Member

1,012 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I thought the "old" guys were supposed to get hurt. (Heavy sacasm)
  6. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    lets see how this plays out. it looks bad, but hey, you never know. could be a real bad sprain. i pray hes not out all year, he's been real good.
  7. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,917 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    We may get little more speed with Price but Crayton has had some clutch catches that moved the chains this year.
  8. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,226 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    Im just saying Im not too worried about the position. If it was Glenn or Johnson down, I'd be worried.
  9. MinnesotaCowboy

MinnesotaCowboy Member

629 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    We will definitely miss Crayton if he is out for an indefinite time! Parcells stated in post game interview that he may have broken his ankle but he further said don't quote me until I tell you for sure. Crayton plays good special teams, is developing into an excellent blocker and probably has the best hands on the team. Price offers good speed but none of the rest!
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,665 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    I think Witten's #s will really pick up now. What we lose with Crayton's injury is his ability to make tough catches over the middle and yds after contact between the hashes. Price cant provide that, although I'm assuming Peerless is much better down the field and getting seperation. Witten will have to step up as that short-intermediate guy once again to help Key in that area.
  11. Martice

Martice Member

959 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Crayton makes catches that you have to wonder how'd he do that? I like him very much but it will be interesting to see how teams deal with two burners as opposed to just having one.

Most teams don't have the personnel to match up with two burners so just for the sake of matching up, teams won't be able to cheat up on JJ or whom ever.
  12. ScottCase

ScottCase Benched

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is Crayton done?