1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

nov 25 mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by drawnstripes, Nov 26, 2011.

1. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nov 25

1 Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia 6-0 #185

2 Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State or Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin

I'd rather go Center

3 T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International 5-10 #183

The speedster Hilton is putting together an excellent senior season. His straight-line speed is a mismatch for defenses and special teams units. Hilton was on fire against Louisville. He caught seven passes for 201 yards with two touchdowns. One of those scores was an 83-yard touchdown strike. Thus far in 2011, Hilton has 47 receptions for 800 yards and five touchdowns. Also, he has returned 11 kicks for 317 yards this season. Hilton has put together a season to show that he should be a second-day pick in the draft.

4 Carmen Messin, ILB, New Mexico 6-2 #236

Messina has been one of the most productive linebackers in the nation. He has 110 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, one interception, three sacks and one forced fumble.

5 Travian Robertson, DE/DT, South Carolina 6-4 #295

6 Jacquies Smith, OLB, Missouri 6-4 #250

6 Mike Martin, DT, Michigan 6-2 #304

7 Brad Herman, TE, Iowa 6-4 #255
  2. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    i think at this early stage many of us are ignorant of many of the names on that list, at least i am.
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Hilton and Messina, but you've got them going much earlier than the draft websites I frequent do... particularly Messina, NFL Draft Scout has him as their 342nd ranked player, and only 256 players get drafted every year... IOW, they consider him a likely undrafted rookie free agent... his speed and size for the position are borderline, but to me he does look like a throwback inside 'backer, a tackling machine...

They also have Hilton as their 141st ranked player, which would make him a likely 5th rounder... if you really like him, perhaps you spend a 4th rounder...

Just some constructive criticism...
  4. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I take it in stride I appercaite the in put Bear

this based on Walters mock and some of CBS draft site but its so early to even guess where some of these guys will fall

it just a mock - my early guesses

but I could really care less when they are taken

just as long they are least looked at

hope Hos has his guy lookin

I might not now much do know a good prospect

I love Messia

there this ISL from Neveda that I have to check out

James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 240.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-5.
    11/18/11: Johnson has totaled 71 tackles with 3.5 tackles for a loss and one forced fumble.
  5. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's on my list right now, too...
  6. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada

moves pretty well

[youtube]nvEcXPQo1Rw[/youtube]
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    no thank you to Brewster.
    give me CB Minnifield, OG Zeitler, C Jones, NT Short, and then a WR return guy.
    if we don't re-sign Spencer then Curry, Branch, or Mercilus is going to be a must. I also hope we sign DE Campbell and a vet NT.
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, get the hell out of my head!!!

I exchanged a coupla PMs with Realist today, talking about the draft, and one of the last things I said was that at this point, my dream draft would be Minnifield in the first, Zeitler in the second, and WR/KR Ty Hilton from Florida International in the third...