1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Now Obama wants you to send him 10 Dollars

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Man this guy just can't wait to get his hands on our money. Imagine what he would do if he actually got in office.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/obama-money.html

Top of the Ticket

With $605 million already, Obama asks only $10 more from each of us

Having hauled in a record $208,333 every hour of every day last month -- $150 million in all -- plus a few more unreported millions so far this month, Barack Obama is worried that he might come up short in the political money war with the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket.

Just to relieve himself of that $150 million before the polls open, Obama will have to spend $12.5 million a day.

An Official Obama-Biden car magnet

But he needs some more.

And, according to an e-mail plea to supporters, tonight's the absolute deadline to donate $10 more and receive your special edition Official Obama-Biden car magnet.

Having now collected more than $605 million altogether, the freshman senator shows no concern over the appearance of buying the presidency. Imagine for a moment the national political conversation that could be going on now if rich Republicans had raked in that much loot for one campaign.

Obama's team is so well-funded and well-organized it has spread its political web into one-time red states, forcing McCain to defend them with his measly $84.1 million in federal funds.

Obama aides privately profess profound concern that additional financial resources from the Republican National Committee could make the GOP ticket competitive in the closing days. And the Cincinatti Bengals are a real Super Bowl threat this year.

"The race is deadlocked in a number of crucial battleground states," the urgent e-mail proclaims, "including Ohio, Missouri and Indiana. And we're neck-and-neck in Florida, North Carolina and Nevada.

"We have to make our final, tough decisions about where to fight and how strong we can make our team. And those choices will depend on the financial resources we have."

And, hey, if there's a few hundred million dollars left over in the campaign coffers on Nov. 5, win or lose, maybe Obama would like to put it toward the immense federal budget deficits that our colleague Stephen Braun warns this morning will confront the hopes and current plans of either an Obama or McCain White House come Jan. 21.

-- Andrew Malcolm
  2. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I bet, if elected, he builds a monument to himself with the leftover money.

Obamaopolis has a nice ring to it.

Really, what would happen to the left over money, do it just go to the DNC? Would he use the leftovers to buy the next Canadian election as well? So many possibilities. I really don't think it can be called buying the election though, he's not pouring his money into the campaign, if anything the election is begin donated to him.
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It really chaps your butt that the Obama campaign has taught your precious Republicans a thing or two about fundraising, doesn't it?? :D
  4. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There won't be much leftover money, a half hour air time on NBC, CBS and ABC is EXPENSIVE... :D
  5. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The act of giving money to a politician heightens one's sense of committment to the politician.

Said another way -

If you can get somebody to give your campaign 10 bucks, chances are that person also will get off their butt on Tuesday and go vote for you.
  6. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That's a good point, when people are financially invested in a campaign they are much more likely to vote.
  7. webby75216

webby75216 Member

68 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:clap2:
  8. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it's amazing how much money this man has raised and spent.
  9. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Normally it will go into the candidates war chest for re-election.
  11. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well, considering he lied about the private fundraising and McCain stuck to HIS word, no, I'm not upset about that. Just the fact that anyone would vote for a known liar though is beyond me.
  12. Thanos68

Thanos68 Benched

255 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You voted for Bush right? A known coke head and drunk.
  13. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,894 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I recently purchased an Obama T-Shirt and a couple of pins during my recent trip down south. My son asked only for that on this trip.Great souvenirs, but I'm quite bummed that I didn't get a fridge magnet. We travelled a fair bit in California, but I just couldn't find any McCain-Palin stuff at all.

Obama=better marketing.
  14. Thanos68

Thanos68 Benched

255 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow..now that's a racist comment. You realize you just called Obama a monkey right?
  15. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Said the man who's apparently voting for the biggest liar in this campaign, a man whose lies have even drawn condemnation from members of his own party... I refer, of course, to a man I once thought was a man of integrity, John McCain...

As for Obama choosing NOT to go the public financing route, when he made his pledge he had no idea that he could be so wildly successful when it comes to fundraising... he'd have to be a card-carrying IDIOT to accept public financing, and thus restrict his fundraising...

I like a man who realizes that he's made a poor decision, and then changes his mind... that's what I call PRAGMATISM... it's a refreshing change from the idiotic stubbornness of a Dubya, who seemed to be absolutely incapable of admitting that he might have made a mistake...

So sneer at Obama's change of heart all you want, it was a good tactical decision, and has paid huge dividends for him... and make real sure you tune in for his half-hour special in prime time on network television next week, y'hear?? He would never have been able to do that if he had stuck with his "pledge"... :D

You can try, cajun, but you can't make me mad with your knee-jerk attacks on Obama... the more you rage, the more I laugh at your rage... all the right wing attacks in the world aren't gonna change the outcome of this race, you guys needed to offer IDEAS, and the whole world can see that you didn't have any to offer...
  16. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama's a blatant liar, regardless of how you spin it.

Just wait til those in the bottom 95% start getting taxed.

If Obama hangs on and wins, he won't be in there long.
  17. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    146 Likes Received

And you voted for Bush twice, didn't ya....

Cajun, they are POLITICIANS. If you expect to find one on the national stage that hasn't lied, you are fooliing yourself. (Well, maybe Ron Paul) The best you can hope for is that once they have gotten to the presidential (or other) pinnacle, they have the desire and wisdom to put America's interests to the forefront.

I remember a discussion with my father, for years a republican county commissioner. He felt you had to sell out to increasing degrees if you went beyond the local county level, and steadfastly refused to go further up the chain.

Now to combat this evil influence of grassroots money in presidential campaigning, you will next advocate strict federal funding of presidential candidates? :)
  18. JRid21

JRid21 Member

458 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Almost every politician becomes corrupted, no?
  19. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    I think roughly 20% of them are good people, of whatever political stripe, just trying to do what's best.

But it is a tough row to hoe.
  20. JRid21

JRid21 Member

458 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'd say roughly 15 to 20 percent