1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Now That The Conventions Are Over

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Hostile, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,052 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Describe where you before the Conventions and where you are now.

This poll is private so you only have to share your opinions if you wish.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I was for McCain and still am. However, I am even MORE for McCain now. His speech was good, not great but I expected that. And his pick of Palin, now allows me to vote for him without holding my nose.

It's a good time to be a Republican/Conservative..
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    I was squarly for McCain and nothing has changed. I am very happy with his choice of Polin and I think that the combination of the two will be a very difficult ticket to beat.
  4. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,730 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I want to see some head-to-head debates and hope like heck they will revolve around issues and not personalities.
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I was undecided, leaning heavily towards voting third party.

Now I'm enthusiastically supporting the Palin/McCain ticket... not just voting for them but putting up a yard sign, sticking on a bumper sticker, contributing.

All thanks to one pit bull in lipstick!
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I see what you did there. :D
  7. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was undecided, debating a vote for a third party canidate for the first time in my life. The saddleback forum did move me a little closer to McCain.

But...Since the Palin pick, I am strongly for the McCain/Palin ticket.
  8. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,483 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Split between writing someone in and voting for an independent. I guess by independent you meant 3rd party candidates e.g. libertarian, green, constitution, or other parties like marijuana, communist, nazi, american patriot, reform, multicapitalist, etc?

I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to vote for big government candidates, and neither the republicans or democrats changed candidates. So there was no change of opinion.
  9. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Obama and still am. Also donated for the first time in a while last night.
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,111 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    I really dont see my option in that list of choices. So mine is:

- "I need to see more"

Before the Conventions. I had little interest. I was more interested in the pairings of the candidates. Once Obama picked Biden I really didnt think too much about McCain and his pick. Thought for sure it would have been Romney(as I thought for sure Obama picks Hillary).

So.... Palin is picked... nothing. I think to myself "Ok just for the women votes and maybe some Hillary"

WELL... she is on a mission ALREADY. She will not be labeled a Quayle-like pick. She is real deal.

I need to see more. I cant kneejerk based on these theatrics. Palin has peaked my interests.

It just may be Obama's time for more reasons than one.
    - Bush is so hated any dem could get in
    - America may be ready for its first african american male president
    - We have, in the past, just given a caucasian a shot at the white house... maybe it time for an african american just based on that (giving them a shot)
  12. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,381 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    I was Anti-Obama before, now I'm more for McCain/Palin. Palin is easily the best of the 4.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,052 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Option #7.
  14. REDVOLUTION

25,111 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received

Yeah I saw #7 and it doesnt fit.

The thing is... I wasnt undecided... I had no interest. No decision was to be made.

That has changed.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    These results are pretty surprising.
  16. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    These conventions are always all about the undecideds. Rarely will a convention or debate make someone defect from who they were already supporting.

The interesting thing is that so far 7 undecideds have made a decision and all 7 have decided for McCain.
  17. REDVOLUTION

25,111 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received

And you know this how? Any real stats on that? (not bashing, its a serious question)

Who are the 7? lol

Isnt it ironic that these things are called conventions = "conventional" thinking.

Too yesterday for me.

Gotta think out of the box if we are gonna get anywhere.
  18. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just going by this unscientific poll.

Maybe you should start one and do it right and then get back with us on your results.
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Yo Mick! Read the poll above. It's right there.
  20. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ouch :laugh2:

I personally didn't watch one second of either convention as it is extremely predictable.

At this point, I am still undecided. I think in the next few weeks I am going to really start researching each candidate.

There are some things I like about John McCain, less government, small business etc etc but there are some things I dont like about him.

Thare are also some things I like about Obama, but there are some things I really don't like about him such as how big he wants the government to be, as if it isn't big enough.

The one thing that makes me one to vote for McCain is that I would have voted for him back in 2000, had he got the nomination. Personally, I think he will go back to his old maverick ways once he wins the election (which I like). Right now, I think he needs certain elements of his party that he probably doesn't like at the moment to secure the White House.