1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Now that we've cooled down, how does everyone feel?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Oct 28, 2013.

1. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    I don't need to calm down... I haven't had to in about 8 or 9 years now after a Cowboys loss. I think that is the worst of it really, I watched yesterday with a few friends that are not Dallas fans and they felt worse than I did. For me it was an oh well I expected nothing less. Jerry Jones! Apathy is a horrible thing, it keeps me from being happy for a win or sad for a loss, it also keeps me from buying any Cowboys gear, tickets or anything that will line your pockets with more money.
  2. pastordug

pastordug Member

92 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    When you find yourself watching the game waiting for the moment when they will give the game away it makes me wonder if I even should watch? I haven't cooled off since JJ treated Landry like DIRT. I am getting to the point I could watch another game and just read the sports page on Monday to see how the Cowboys gave another one away. And thats coming from a LIFE LONG COWBOY FAN. I'm not cooled off just heart broken...
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,897 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    We have proved 3 times that a double digit lead can be blown in the 4th quarter.
  4. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,435 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    I feel, meh. I didn't expect this team to go to the playoffs or anything anyway.
  5. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,277 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I mostly hate the fan base.

we are ranked in the top 5 in scoring offense. and I still see the above.

our fan base is made up of about 40% morons.
  6. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

3,634 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    I feel the same as most Mondays.

We're average & that's about it.
  7. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,789 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    As Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. We're a very average team, primarily due to inept coaching and front office personnel. In other words, nothing much has changed for years.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,467 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    I got up this morning and snapped a puppy's neck, Steven Seagal style, just because it looked at me funny.

Then I started kicking a group of kittens.

After that I took a swim in the ocean and punched a dolphin.

That is how I feel.

YR
    DEA_dad, ABQCOWBOY and Eric_Boyer like this.
  9. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,629 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    It still hurts to be honest. Not sure its even possible for my confidence in this team to be restored. I'll still watch and cheer, but I won't let my hopes get high.

This team is seriously like the girl you keep getting back together with just because she's hot even though you know its not going to end well.
  10. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,277 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I’m not sure how anyone can have faith in our defense at this point.

With two timeouts, if we had 40 seconds and the ball, I would have a level of hope.

But with 1 minute left and our defense needing to prevent a touchdown, I knew we would lose. I knew it.
    DEA_dad likes this.
  11. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,921 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Wondering if anybody's gonna hold TSmith accountable for that holding flag. That hold by Smith that wiped out a 9yd run by Tanner but more importantly stopped the clock with well over one minute left rather than allowing the clock to run down in/around :30.
  12. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    We are what we are...a mediocre team. We might win the east because the other teams are so bad. It doesn't mean we are any good though. This team finds new ways to lose all the time. I shouldn't be surprised anymore. We'll continue to beat the bad teams and find ways to lose to the good ones. That's the Cowboys in the 2000's.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  13. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

3,634 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    You nailed it!
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,559 Messages
    2,735 Likes Received
    Play nicely together, please.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,187 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Mentioned this in the Chat yesterday. I mean, if Smith doesn't hold, then Tanner probably doesn't get 9 on that play but we may not have needed it. Bailey made that kick by a good 10/15 yards anyhow. IDK.

But you are right, that really hurt because it stopped the clock. Without that, they probably only have 35-40 seconds on the clock.
  16. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,111 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I cant wait till we manage to blow this division and finally clean house. 7-9 here we come!!! :eek:
  17. ctrous25

ctrous25 Stay Classy Philly/Minny

809 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I feel horrible still. .I drove 8hrs and we lost a heart breaker .. lions fans were annoying after the game also. .. I think we still win the division though
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,559 Messages
    2,735 Likes Received
    More like .20, maybe less, after the return. It was a brutal mistake.
  19. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

776 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    It also doesn't mean you are that far away from being very good. Maybe it will just take a regime change as it did in SF and KC?

Your defense has surprised me the most in terms of lack of consistency from one game to the next. I know Stafford isn't Coles or Barkley, but still.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,187 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    It was Idgit. Hey, nothing to do about it now. Just have to move on but I have to say, seems like every year I just am more in awe of Coach Landry's teams and how he coached them. I don't remember seeing a lot of silly mistakes by his teams. Yeah, sometimes they were beaten but I hardly ever remember them making silly mistakes. Maybe it's just faulty memory. IDK.