1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Now THIS one looks rigged... Iran election

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Jun 13, 2009.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
  2. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    when you have real live conversations do you start every sentence with the word "lib" thrown in ?
    im asking in all seriousness with no left-right agenda i swear !
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    This is burm, what do you think?

[IMG]
  4. burmafrd

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    Yep. For all those idiots that whined about 2000 and 2004 I always make a point of rubbing it in. And gee OGT no comment about Iran at all. So pot meet kettle.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    I can't believe you actually "researched" whether it was rigged. I think that one is filed under the "no effin' crap" category.
  6. burmafrd

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    I wanted to post reports from other countries. See if they had as clear a view of it as seen from here. So far it seems to be pretty unanimous.
    NOW. Will Obama then have the guts to come out and say that as far as the US is concerned the Wack Job is no longer considered a valid leader of Iran?
    since its clear that the election was stolen. Tune in and see....
  7. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    i know i am going to regret asking this but here goes...

if Iran put out a lot of press saying any of our elections (2000,2004, 2008)
    were rigged...would any of us Americans give a crap what they said ?

if not, then why should they care what our leaders say about their elections.
  8. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

903 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    ...But he wasn't the valid leader of Iran to begin with.
  9. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    It's not surprising, as we know that the ruling clerics hands are firmly in these matters. With U.S./Iran situation being what it is right now, and with them thinking they have the U.S. in a sort of stalemate, allowing someone 'moderate' to take over would just give the appearance of weakness.

They probably figure it's not the right time and would rather try to gain more leverage with the saber rattler, before appearing to grant civility. It's all politics and appearances.
  10. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Mullah's run Iran no matter who's in "office", if there is such a thing.

What to watch for is all the "Obama's speech in Cairo" changed the entire world. There gonna' do their best to claim, after eons of time killing each other and throwing rocks at each other and hating on Israel, that the "chosen one", the "Dali-Bama" set everything right with one "sermon on the Mount" moment.

There already saying this about Lebanon's "elections". No matter what would've happened in Iran with their "election", the next salvo about Obama being the savior is going to be served up for your consumption.
  11. burmafrd

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    If we say that the wack job is not the lawful president of Iran, then we can say we see no point in talking to him.
  12. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,687 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    It's pretty funny that Iran is banning and stopping as much media coverage as possible about the protests and possible revolution that is on its way.

That country is in mass chaos right now. Seeing that video of Iranians in the street chanting "we want freedom" in English brought me alot of hope for Iran.
  13. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,033 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    We've been supporting leaders with way less legitimacy for years. And you know it. You are just harping on this. Who gets supported is always based on politics and expediency.

Though if the Iranians get cranky and throw a revolution, I say, More Power to 'Em!
  14. LehighCowboy

LehighCowboy Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As an Iranian-American, I cannot tell you how proud and CONCERNED I am for my people in Iran right now. Right now, there are tens of thousands (maybe even more) people in the streets of EVERY major city in Iran. The people are in the street fighting for FREEDOM. Iranians are educatated (2.6 million individuals in University at the moment...60 percent of whom are women) and resilliant. If they want something, they are willing to fight for it. They are marching, demanding the government hear their concerns. They are shouting "WE WANT FREEDOM" (in english and Persian), "DEATH TO THE DICTATOR!" and many other cries for freedom. The illegitimate government and their thug, baseij "secret police" are trying to stop them in any way possible. They have shut down all cell phone service in the major cities, they are preventing journalists from reporting on the incidents, blocking internet traffic, they are beating/killing the protestors, and doing whatever they can to stop the protestors. These proud and profoundly BRAVE freedom fighters are risking both their lives and well-being for the cause. These people are in the CLEAR majority in Iran. Iranians are FED UP with the government and are making their voices heard. As Americans we should be PROUD of these brave souls who are fighting for freedom.

Though they outnumber the government/government supporters in number, they are vastly outnumbed in supplies. The government has guns, tear gas, batons, etc.... The only thing we can do right now is pray....

We Americans can learn something from these brave individuals. I wish that I could one day claim to possess an OUNCE of the bravery that these brave Iranian freedom fighters possess.

God bless.
  15. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,687 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    This is getting out of control in a hurry.

Iran has tanks called in. Plain clothed police are on motorcycles beating protesters and now are going into dorms in the University of Tehran beating and shooting the students. LOTS of rumors that these 'police officers' are Hezbollah soldiers from Lebanon.
  16. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,033 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    What, they don't have enough of their own goons?

I wish the Iranian people luck, and hope this does not end up going the way of Tianamen square.....
  17. LehighCowboy

LehighCowboy Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received

It's pretty close to those levels now. I have NO IDEA why the American media is not all over this? I just flipped through all the news stations and there's BARELY anything on this. this is one of the biggest world developments in some time. I have been reading countless twitters from Iranians inside each of the major cities, I have seen COUNTLESS heartbreaking videos (i.e. thug Baseij members assaulting the protesters...one where they're burning down the national bank, one where a very beautiful girl was shot by a baseij thug who broke into her house when she was sleeping b/c she was involved in the protests)....The ENTIRE country has shut down. There are MASSIVE protests in EVERY major city. There hasnt been ANYTHING like this in Iran since the Revolution. The people haev HAD ENOUGH. The people ARE SICK AND TIRED of being labeled terrorists by west..for things they personally HAVE NEVER DONE. They are SICK AND TIRED of being manipulated by the governnment..they are SICK AND TIRED of being isolated from teh rest. THEY ARE SICK AND TIRED of government censorship. THEY ARE SICK AND TIRED of being under Islamic Law (a vast majoirty of Iranians, unlike any other group of people in the Middle East/Central/South Asia, are NOT VERY RELIGIOUS)...they are SICK AND TIRED of having ot live through with teh poor economic decisions of the government.

these event are HUGE. How and WHY is this not being covered in teh American media to the fullest extent.

CHANGE is happening in Iran. REAL change. Not the supposed "change" that's happening here in the states.
  18. LehighCowboy

LehighCowboy Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Watch the entire video, please. The video shows one of the more peaceful protests where people are chanting "MARG BAR DICTATOR!" (DEATH TO THE DICTATOR.....which is being said to both mock the government's slogans, "death to America" and express their honest beliefs). during the middle of the protest, police officers coming riding in on motorcycles w/ electric metal batons and start beating the people as they ride by. BUT LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENS TO THE POLICE WHEN THE PROTESTORS GET THEIR HANDS ON HIM. haha this is happening all over the country. While the police and baseij have electric batons, guns, tanks, tear gas, etc....the protestors have nothing to fight with but their HEARTS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttxINV_EF50

(sorry, I don't know how to post youtube videos in here...)

There are countless clips of the protestors protecting one another from the government's thugs, by ambushing the police/baseij before they get to them first.

So many of my bretheren in Iran have suffered during this entire ordeal. RIP to those who have lost their lives in the struggle (these people are REAL martyrs for freedom and democracy) and GOD BLESS to those who have continue to fight.

I ask you all to have these brave Iranians in your prayers.

This situation also makes me realize how PROUD i am to live in America. I was fortunate to have been born and raised in the United States. In the US, people don't realize how lucky we aer to have the basic freedoms we enjoy on a daily basis. Sure, our government has its issues and its share of corruption (on both sides), but at least we are free to say what we want, do what we want, and LIVE the way we want without fear of persecution. God bless these brave Iranians, and just as importantly, GOD BLESS AMERICA.
  19. Passepartout

Passepartout Member

312 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Praying for the people of Iran, who are forced to deal with a madman of a dictator leader!
  20. LehighCowboy

LehighCowboy Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received

BTW: Ahmadinejad is NOT the dictator they are talking about (even though they hate him dearly). Khameini, and to a larger extent, teh IRG (Revolutionary Guards) leaders, are the ones they are talking about. The President has VERY LITTLE say in Foreign or Internal matters....he is simply the figurehead. Khameini has veto power to any foreign policy decision....any internal matter, etc. He is unelected and serves for life. anything he says goes.