1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NYPost: Jones has Garrett's back

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jones has Garrett's back
    By BART HUBBUCH
    Last Updated: 12:11 AM, September 11, 2011
    Posted: 11:48 PM, September 10, 2011

IRVING, Texas --If you don't think Jerry Jones trusts Jason Garrett to turn around the flailing Cowboys, just look at the roster America's Team will bring to MetLife Stadium tonight against the Jets.
    Not since Jones lured Bill Parcells to Dallas eight years ago has the Cowboys' notorious con trol (and credit) freak of an owner so willingly turned over the keys to his team and essentially gotten out of the way.
    "You definitely feel like [Garrett] is in charge," cor nerback Orlando Scandrick told The Post this week. "This is his team."
    Of course, "out of the way" is relative when it comes to Jones, who still laughably gives himself the title of GM despite never having coached or played in the NFL before buying the iconic franchise nearly 25 years ago.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/star_quality_8kGKNPJh23hhI8v0d1C1rN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=
  2. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,360 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    Basically a Jones-bashing article. It does acknowledge some of the changes Garrett has made. Overall, just mocks Jerry. Typical of the kind of junk I had to read in NY/NJ papers before the internet.
  3. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bash Jones and emphasize Garrett's Giants connections. I couldn't even finish the article since it doesn't say anything relevant.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,127 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    I was actually enjoying the article until I read that. Oh well.
  5. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,656 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    There's no question the writer isn't respectful of Jerry, especially so, seeing as how he refers to him as a "freak of an owner." Now, if he had referred to him as a freak of a GM instead, I'd have certainly been inclined to agree without reservation.

Be that as it may, Jason Garrett deserves the kudos afforded to him by Jones as well as the recognition afforded him by the author of this article. JG bears all the earmarks of a head coach destined to turn a faltering franchise around that has lingered in a sad state of stagnation for the past 15 years.

I must say that I'm relieved and elated that at long last, Jerry has finally seen fit to entrust a good portion of the management of his team to someone who is infinitely more qualified to lead them back into the ways of success.
  6. Ranzo

Ranzo New Member

646 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a condition for being a serious GM in the NFL.

Stopped reading.
  7. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,606 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Yeah it it worked so awesomely for Matt Millen. Newsome was OK under the old browns, and is pretty good under the ravens. I can't think of anymore former Player now or was GM.
  8. Pottsville Maroons

Pottsville Maroons Member

697 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    He called him a "control freak". It was just poorly worded.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,713 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    There's no difference. The freak of a GM was hired and retained by the freak of an owner.

Sometimes the truth hurts.