1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

O line needs

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by burmafrd, Mar 3, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Kosier should not be counted on for other than a Backup position. The injuries come every year and he gets bull rushed more and more.

Dockery is pretty much done.

Holland- when was the last time he played 16 games in one season?
    Less of a risk than Kosier but still.

Costa is putrid and nothing more needs to be said.

Nagy. I like the guys head and heart but after spending his career as a 5th year senior at the best W/T program in college football he is barely over 300 lbs. Maybe at center but not at guard.

Arkin is the one youngster I have real hope for becoming a very good if not better guard. But his college had NO W/T program so he is at least one more year away.

Killa to me looked better all the time last year then Costa at his best. I think he has a shot. Once again small so Center is probably it.

We MIGHT be able to do OK at Center between Nagy and Killa.

But at guard right now we have only one guy that showed he could play well and is not likely to totally fall apart and that is Holland.

So we MUST have another guard we can count on to start with this year that is NOT on the roster. And frankly we should look around for another vet as well for depth.

Tackle looks good; depending on how Parnell developes as the swing tackle.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Tackle looks good? What the crap have you seen from Parnell that leads you to believe we are good there?
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I was thinking that if Kosier is bascially going to be depth when the season starts, whether he'll even be on the team given his contract?

A guy like Holland could be had for depth fairly cheap, imo. Probably cheaper than Kosier. Not to mention, assuming we get a OC in FA (like I hope), Costa would probably be the immediate back-up on game day at both Center and OG, along with another OT (Parnell at this stage).

I'd like to be able to keep Kosier at depth, but we may go for more youth and a cheaper contract.
  4. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think if Kosier moved back to the left side and had the whole off season to get healthy and then back in shape, he could probably go back to being average or slightly above average. Then with all the other guys including any mid level free agents you should be able to get an average right guard. That just leaves the center position. It would be nice to be average at least there (like we were with Gurode, and occasionally above average).
  5. burmafrd

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Reading comphrension. Work on it. I said if Parnel looks good and there have been a few hints he might be. One of the things that camp will show.
  6. burmafrd

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Kosier is 34 and its an old 34 for him. Look over the last three years and he has been in and out with various injuries. He gets bull rushed. Anyone counting on him really is not looking.
  7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    I asked you what you have seen from Parnell... Then you tell me that it's based on IF Parnell looks good..you then proceed to say there have been hints..what hints?!? I am asking you to explain..

Whatever, I don't care anymore..you don't have a clue