1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama Adviser says Economy Fundamentals are Sound

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ChldsPlay, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,233 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/15/obama-adviser-says-economy-fundamentals-strong-despite-campaign-rhetoric/

2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Poor choice of words, Ms. Romer.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Interesting... I seem to remember the press and Democrats raking McCain over the coals for saying the exact same thing...
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    it couldnt have been, we all know this is the worst recession/depression ever in this country and it'll be good by the end of the year. You know, cause the first depression only lasted 5 months with the rest of the time whining about how it was the worst depression ever. Frankily it was just a big show, the one we're in now is far worse.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Obama is a fraud.
  6. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What I want to know is, since this recession is "not as bad as we first though", or the "fundamentals are sound", then are they going to recall the Spendulous bill? If not, then (as I and many suspected from the get-go) this is all lip-service and nothing else. Using the "crisis" as an "opportunity" that we "didn't want to waste" in order to shove through a Marxist redistribution bill.

By the way, I don't think we're out of the woodwork just yet. Even if the recession is already in recovery (which they always do when the free market is allowed to work), we've still printed trillions of dollars for new spending that we simply don't have. And now the Chinese are demanding "guarantees" against default (or devaluation).
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,910 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    I was watching a re-broadcast from last Thursday, on CSPAN today. They had Geithner on and they pretty much grilling him. It was weired. Geithner just kept saying "Your correct" and "Your right".

The Dems, of course backed the whole thing, maybe one exception, but for the most part they were behind Geithner and Obama 100%. Still, he was pretty much taking punches, I thought.
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Here's some good stuff...

Let's see if they make fun of Obama now... ;)

ConcordCowboy: And watch McCain do exactly that tonight and you will still vote for him.

Why would you vote for a lier?

He did say the economy is fundamentally sound didn't he?

:laugh2:

Sasquatch: "The economy is fundamentally sound."

John McCain
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Barry Soetoro...ENOUGH!
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Good stuff, Trick.

How long have you been saving those?
  11. the fake norm hitzges

the fake norm hitzges New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You people still dont understand.
    The world economy is purposely being crashed.

a group of morons couldnt do this much damage.

This is all being done to bring about a single global currency with 10 global regions (see Club of Rome).

This is going to be based on the model of the Atlantian system under King Posiden
  12. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Uhm.

What.

Edit: Oh. NOW I understand.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2683054&postcount=17

Anyone that listens to Mark Levin HAS to be a few cards short of a deck. You're probably a member of Savage Nation as well.
  13. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  14. the fake norm hitzges

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are right....
    I never miss a Mark Levin show.He was an assistant attorney general working under Ed Meese in the Reagan administration.Levin is so great,he got the Iran/Contra charges dropped just after 4 hours of deliberation.Mr.Levin has more credibility than anyone on airless anti-american radio.Does that station still exist by the way?I cant listen to it,i live at least 20 miles from its transmitter so the signal doesnt reach me.

NO...I do not listen to Savage.Hes the bottom of the totum pole and biggest joke of conservative talk radio.

Can I ask what your source of news info is?
  15. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Watch it son...do not talk about Doc Savage in those disrespectful terms.
  16. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    DIAF gets his info from Noggin.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,677 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received
    Savage is pretty much a joke anymore. 10 years ago before he fell in love with himself he actually had some good things to say.
  18. the fake norm hitzges

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you wanna know about pasta and his pet poodle,Savage is definatly the man to listen to....
  19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,233 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    I like what Levin says most of the time, but don't care for his demeaner or attitude with the callers a lot of the time. I think it would be more effective to let the idiots make fools of themselves than to cut them off all the time and berade them.