1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama Bows to Saudi King

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,204 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    The white house is saying that President Obama didn't Bow. You make the call.

[youtube]ZoJtoOqdvxo&feature=related[/youtube]
  2. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,558 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Sure looks like a bow to me :confused:

And to think we were the country that created the tradition of not dipping our flag to foreign leaders during the Olympics Parade of Nations. How far we have fallen... :(
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,517 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    Looks like a bow to me, he's trying too hard to be respectful to them if you ask me. Even worse that the bow wasn't even modestly returned.
  4. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,655 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Definitely a bow. His head practically went below his waist.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

33,204 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    The point was being made earlier that it's a bit ironic that President Obama would not Bow to the Queen of England but that he would Bow to the King of Saudi Arabia.

Things are changing fast. Gotta have a score card to keep up, it seems.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    He bowed like a good muslim would. :lmao:
  7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,390 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    that's a bow. for our president to bow to anyone is weakness. to show weakness to a culture that preys upon it, dangerous. i'm not sure what obama's mindset is here, but in no shape form or fashion should the leader of this country, that is often also called the leader of the free world, bow to another leader.

overall however, he's still a young president. the bow doesn't bother me as much as the crap-bullshyte lies around it bother me.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,178 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    This is just the latest in a string of stupid mistakes. If this was Bush the media would be all over it.
  9. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,707 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    It is amazing the lengths he will go to kiss some Muslim butt. Hope the queen is enjoying her ipod.
  10. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea he probably should not have done that

he did well on the trip imo....besides that not so little mistake
  11. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    quoted for truth
  12. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,173 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Maybe he fell victim to the old "I dropped my quarter" trick (works better with women, though).
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    I busted a gut on that one. That's just...wrong. :lmao2:
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    I got a kick out of a portion of the speech he gave to the muslim students where he talked about growing up muslim, funny part is that kind of talk was off limits in the presidents race now all of a sudden he is every thing to every one and he tells people what they want to hear
  15. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    has this been on any of the MSM networks?
  16. ABQCOWBOY

33,204 Messages
    919 Likes Received

I think from the standpoint of his own popularity he probably did OK but I don't know if he accomplished much outside of that.

He wanted to secure additional support for troops in the Middle East and he got none.

He wanted to get commitments for assistance in the economic crisis and he got none.

He wanted UN support with Korea and he got none.

He said a lot of things about America and the Europeans wanted to hear that because that takes the onus off of them in there own countries. They can now blame the US for all the wows rather then face the music of there own constituates but at the end of the day, I don't believe he really accomplished much.

If anything, at least in the middle east, he probably weakend our position there. JMO.
  17. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,757 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Thats why I hate it when people try to say that world opinion matters. This president is probably the one the world would have chosen for us and yet no one bothered to send troops or assist the US in any possible way. Obama is about to learn what people like Bush and Reagan have always known. America is on its own and the only allies we can count on are the British, Canadians, and Australians.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    :shoot4: :flagwave: :bomb:
  19. ABQCOWBOY

33,204 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    I think that you could probably add the Israelis to that list as well and probably a few others but yes, I agree. At the end of the day, we have very few friends in this world. If there is anything that can be taken away from this as "positive", I'd guess that it would be the fact that Europe is not as antagonistic towards us right now. I mean, they won't help us but at least they won't be continuously trying to break down everything we do, anywhere in the world. I think this comes at a price in the future but for the moment, we are probably viewed a bit more favorably. Amazing how that works when you get in front of a foreign nation and basically throw the Country under the bus.
  20. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    A very rare political error from a normally politically savvy president. You really can't bow at all to a foreign leader unless they're just ceremonial... and to bow so deeply is just weird.