1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama: Cambridge police acted stupidly *Merged*

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Jul 23, 2009.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    Okay, now you're just being belligerent, I like you, but I've explained my point of view as reasonably as I can and think that's about enough for one day. Have a nice night.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    heh, that's pretty funny

so is the thought that Goodell stripped away PacMan's right to habeus corpus

edit: nvm, that was theo
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    you're the dork who went from telling people they should discuss more relevant things to diving right into the conversation.

as for england - since i started off saying i didn't know for sure - you're the fool who took that to mean i said i knew - for sure.

i think i'd have to shoot myself if my life was as void of common sense and understanding as you've shown. as it is, bye.
  4. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    i have as well - no disrespect to you intended at all, we'll just agree to disagree on this and move on.
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    As I recall, all he did was ask a question about the veracity of a statement regarding the healthcare system in England.
  6. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    he doesn't need a reason to be this way - he just is. intelligent conversation isn't his goal - derailing threads is. plain enough to see.

for example:

FUZZ - show me where i said plastic surgery would get you removed from healthcare in england.

it will never happen cause i never said that. but he wants to make up stuff to entertain himself cause i suppose his mr happy isn't big enough to do the job.
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,617 Messages
    2,508 Likes Received
    Butthurtboy strikes again.

I figured that you would think it through and realize that uncovered care would include things liek plastic surgery and the like considering its often a topic of discussion when talking about insurance stateside. Your original statement didnt mention it specifically although subsequent ones did. It did however subsume it.

I figured anyone who had actually thought it through would have realized it and discounted the assertion. Now whether you couldn't or didn't think it through I cannot say.

All I did was point it out to you and you got pissy and are butthurt now for more than 24 hours.
  8. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    so you can't show me.

got it.

later holmes.
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

16,617 Messages
    2,508 Likes Received
    No your just butthurtness and won't let it drop. You are just as culpable as I am and insist on making it about me. Like I said in this thread why don't you just drop it and discuss the topic. Sure enough, you didn't and there are two more posts about me in the other thread.

Get off the cross, hypocrite.
  10. FuzzyLumpkins

16,617 Messages
    2,508 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh1:

Dude like I said you are great for a good belly laugh.

You said initially that uncovered care would not be available and get you excluded from the system and if you went overseas to get it then that would get you excluded.

I linked a bunch of cosmetic plastic surgery clinics in London which showed that uncovered care was available. You acted butthurt for quite awhile and then finally addressed the topic instead of me and asked how do boobjobs show that uncovered care existed.

At that point I asked if you really thought that boob jobs would be allowed
    but a more expensive chemo therapy would not be. Like I said prima facia the original statement was dumb to even give credence to.

You left, butthurt I am sure.

You may or may not remember and I am quite sure that most people here don't care about our squabbling except maybe scipio who will pipe in from time to time. If you cannot remember or keep up, oh well.
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received

Looks dead on to me
  12. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Based on the accounts I've read and previous court rulings, this was an unlawful arrest. The money this guy will win in court is probably not worth the value lost based on PR. Which means the only winner here are his lawyers. Police wasted time and tax dollars arresting someone who wasn't a criminal, and bloated a filled court system with a rubbish charge.

It's not the fault of the police, it's the legislature not updating their statutes after they've been ripped up in court for being unconstitutional (courts have repeatedly stated that being an *** to a cop is not probable cause for disorderly conduct).

That said, be prepared to give away up to a day of liberty if you want to exercise those speech rights. :D
  13. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    there is no defense for gates. trying to shift some blame to the police officer is just stupid to me.

and if stupid is an insult to you - then imagine the president saying you're acting stupidly just after saying he didn't know the facts.

gates lit the fuse - don't blame the bomb for going off.
  14. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    so according to the law - how many "if you do that again i'm going to arrest you" warnings must be given before you back it up with action?

if carter is around, 78 seems to be a good answer.

we're coming close now.
  15. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If the police went through the house (which I read), they couldn't tell it was Gates house, usually people have pictures of themselves or family all around.
  16. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    usually people show an ID when asked.
  17. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    My understanding he had to get to his ID, meanwhile walking through the house you can of probably known whose house it was
  18. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    so you often cuss out the officer while going for your ID?

if you PROBABLY know who's house it is, it's not unfathomable to think that a hardvard professor PROBABLY knows showing an ID w/o cussing out the officer is a good way to go about it.
  19. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,421 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    The only racism I see is the people ASSUMING that this is due to racial profiling. I think the officer, given the circumstances, was perfectly in his right to arrest whatshisname. However, if he wasn't, I doubt it was due to race, rather it'd be due to the man screaming profanities and whatnot at the officer.

I'm a bit worried about the state of education here when supposedly the most prestigious university is employing nutjobs like this.

As for Obama's comments, I don't really think they were that horrible. Just premature.
  20. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    what concerns me is that most seem to agree gates overreacted.

yet people argue it's the officers fault.

when are we responsbile for our own actions?