1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama inviting Hamas to 'migrate' to U. S. A.?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    $20.3 Million to aid refugees
    Obama opening floodgates by inviting Hamas to “migrate” to the U.S.A.?
    By Judi McLeod & Michael Travis Thursday, February 5, 2009

On his first official day in the White House, President Barack Obama was on the horn to President Mahmoud Abbas.

“The spokesman for President Abbas revealed that Mr. Obama had told the Palestinian leader that their conversation was his first with a foreign statesman since taking office.” (TimesOnLine, Jan. 22, 2009).

Some thought that first call to the leader of the Palestinian authority was for spite. Others for statesman like reasons, still others for appeasement.

Given that a clip from Al-Jazeera televised Hamas-controlled Palestinians “burning up the phone bank from Gaza” to rally support for his presidential campaign, perhaps the telephone call was made out of gratitude.

Seven days later on January 27, President Obama signed Presidential Determination No. 2009-15, which allocates $20.3 million for Palestinian migration and refugee assistance.

Today a memo sent by President Obama to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seems to invite Hamas to “migrate” into the United States of America.

The presidential determination covers the “Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs Related to Gaza.”

“By the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (the “Act”), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601), I hereby determine, pursuant to section 2 (c) (1) of the Act, that it is important to the national interest to furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not to exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration needs, including by contributions to international, governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and payment of administrative expenses of Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza. (Italics CFP’s).

“You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register,” President Obama instructs t he new Secretary of State.

Two days before Obama’s inauguration, Israel began pulling its troops out of Gaza.

One week after his inauguration, President Obama designated $20.3 million to the Palestinians in Gaza.

What security measures are in place to keep Hamas terrorists from gaining free access into the U.S.?

“Is President Obama opening the floodgates and inviting Hamas to “migrate” to the U.S.A.?

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8236
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,107 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    am i reading this right? we'll not only let them come here but we'll fund the trip?
  3. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    you have got to be ****ting me.
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,721 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    WOW... just wow...
  5. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Change we can believe in.
  6. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BUTBUTBUT! We were all CRA-HA-HAZY right-wing, child-molesting, "blatently" racist, homophobic hate mongers for daring to suggest this Marxist (and power drunk after only 2 weeks in office) loon would go soft on terror.
    Perish the thought...

But aside from the fact that the EO does not explicity say "let's bring 'em here", how about the notion of giving about 20mil to people who strap women and children to themselves to charge into battle...
  7. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    But seriously...this is a joke,right?
  8. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,419 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Um... ***... at the responses.

We take refugees from everywhere and resettle a whooooole lot more refugees per year than basically the rest of the world combined.

I don't see why any Hamas member would want to be moved farther away from Israel, as it weakens their cause. These are refugees, not terrorists.
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Now that you said it,i know it's a joke.
  10. iceberg

28,107 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    well since the subject said hamas, forgive me - i thought the terrorist kind.
  11. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    You wanna buy a bridge?
  12. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I sponsored my mother in law once. I had to be finacially responsible for her, as well as provide a place where she could live. Can I expect the same from you, are you willing to sponsor hamas in your home?
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Hamas is listed by the State Department as a terrorist organization.
    Hairic- you did not know this? Why am I not surprised.
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He voted Obama.
    They love not knowing whats going on.
  15. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    And how exactly does one discern between a refugee and a member of Hamas? A Hamas enrollment card? A look into their eyes when asked?

Outside of all that, this country has enough down-trodden and financial strain, the last thing we need is to invite more - at our cost - from a war zone, with no discernible difference between combatant and citizen.

As to why a member of Hamas would like to be removed from Israel? I think it's been pretty much bluntly stated by Hamas who is to blame for Israel's advantages.

Um... ***?
  16. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Irony, thy name is Artie Lange...
  17. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Aren't you pass your bed time?
  18. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To the contrary, I'm a little less than 3 hours into an 8 hour shift... the boss might get annoyed if I was to grab a nap, LOL...
  19. iceberg

28,107 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    back to the issue sb -

should obama give hamas a dime?

much less $20mil to move to the US?
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,716 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Thank goodness someone here actually read it.