1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Bach, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush
    ·
    Democratic vice-presidential nominee Joe Biden said yesterday that he and running mate Barack Obama could pursue criminal charges against the Bush administration if they are elected in November.

Biden's comments, first reported by ABC news, attracted little notice on a day dominated by the drama surrounding his Republican counterpart, Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

But his statements represent the Democrats' strongest vow so far this year to investigate alleged misdeeds committed during the Bush years.

"If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued," Biden said during a campaign event in Deerfield Beach, Florida, according to ABC.

"[N]ot out of vengeance, not out of retribution," he added, "out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president -- no one is above the law."

Obama sounded a similar note in April, vowing that if elected, he would ask his attorney general to initiate a prompt review of Bush-era actions to distinguish between possible "genuine crimes" and "really bad policies".

"f crimes have been committed, they should be investigated," Obama told the Philadelphia Daily News. "You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve."

Congressional Democrats have issued a flurry of subpoenas this year to senior Bush administration aides as part of a broad inquiry into the authorisation of torturous interrogation tactics used at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

Three veterans of the Bush White House have been held in criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to respond to subpoenas: former counsel Harriet Miers, former political adviser Karl Rove, and current chief of staff Josh Bolten. The contempt battle is currently before a federal court.
    ---------

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/03/uselections2008.joebiden

What an arse
  2. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bush should get the same treatment as Saddam. War criminals should be prosecuted.
  3. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Wth?

You have got to be kidding me.

One more to the ignore feature.
  4. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Put your white flag down, you're making a fool of yourself.
  5. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Yet Obama would never arrest that piece of garbage Ayers who is a known domestic terrortist. Libs are the biggest hippocrates. Hell he wouldn't even condemn his actions.
  6. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,911 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    3 days from now

Obama: "Thats not the Joe Biden I knew"
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Three days after that. That was not the Barack I knew... He already has tried several times.
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree, 100% Bush was the dumbest president in the history of the United States and we've had plenty!
  9. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bush was not anywhere near the best President we had - But post 9-11 has Al Q - gone terror on our soil? Nope

He took an unpopular stance to protect USA soil as best as we could. Imagine if he did nothing and they dropped 23 low grade Nukes on American soil or some other massive attacks??? Then what would you be calling him?

I view a President that did the unpopular things and did what he thought was in our Countries best interests. To call him dumb is kinda silly -

Look at the colleges he attended and graduated from :)

Lets revisit that!
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love it! The lunatics in this forum and as a whole on the left have come completely unglued.

Man, They just saw their "Hope" for the messiah to get elected slip through their hands and now, this....

OMG, what a bunch of clowns.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    Are some of you educated at all? I sometimes wonder. Ignorance is rampant here. If you have the brains, study a little American history before such incredibly stupid comments are posted.
  12. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,012 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Thats only because you and BigDakota have not been elected (nor ever will be)....
  13. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,278 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    This is not a good precident to set, however, doesn't the President have absolute immunity? I know they can be impeached but this is different than being impeached.
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, they used to compare him to Hitler. Saddam is much less offensive. By next week, it'll probably be Nixon.
  15. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Can we prosecute inane posters?
    :lmao2: I crack myself up.
  16. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    and this is the dumbest post I have read today.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,804 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    No, no, I think they should investigate. By all means, please do that. In fact, I think that should be the second thing on the list, if and when Obama ever gets elected.

It should come right after the completion of the investigation into Clinton and his White Water dealings.

The following is a list of people connected with Bill Clinton who have died suddenly or under unusual Circumstances:

James McDougal - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement for refusing to testify as a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation.

Mary Mahoney - A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown. The murder happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House.

Vince Foster - Former white House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.

Ron Brown - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors.

C. Victor Raiser II - & - Montgomery Raiser, Major players in the Clinton fund raising organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992.

Paul Tulley - Democratic National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock, September 1992. Described by Clinton as a "Dear friend and trusted advisor".

Ed Willey - Clinton fund raiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in Virginia of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.

Jerry Parks - Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in Little Rock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock. Park's son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.

James Bunch - Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a "Black Book" of people containing names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas.

James Wilson - Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater. Kathy Ferguson -Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson died in May 1994 was found dead in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she was going somewhere.

Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit. Kathy Ferguson was a possible Corroborating witness for Paula Jones.

Bill Shelton - Arkansas state Trooper and fiancee of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancee, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiancee.

Gandy Baugh - Attorney for Clinton friend Dan Lassater died by jumping out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.

Florence Martin - Accountant sub-contractor for the CIA related to the Barry Seal Mena Airport drug smuggling case. Died of three gunshot wounds.

Suzanne Coleman - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.

Paula Grober - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.

Danny Casolaro - Investigative reporter. Investigating Mena Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparent suicide in the middle of his investigation.

Paul Wilcher - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 "October Surprise" was found dead on a toilet June 22, 1993 in his Washington DC apartment. Had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death.

Jon Parnell Walker - Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington, Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993 Was investigating Morgan Guarantee scandal.

Barbara Wise - Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.

Charles Meissner - Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.

Dr. Stanley Heard - Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, stepfather and brother.

Barry Seal - Drug running pilot out of Mena Arkansas, Death was no accident.

Johnny Lawhorn Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Clinton in the trunk of a car left in his repair shop. Died when his car hit a utility pole.

Stanley Huggins - Suicide. Investigated Madison Guarantee. His report was never released.

Hershell Friday - Attorney and Clinton fund raiser died March 1, 1994 when his plane exploded.

Kevin Ives & Don Henry - Known as "The boys on the track" case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation.

Controversial case here-initial report of death was due to falling asleep on railroad track. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES / HENRY CASE:

Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, July, 1988

Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988

Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.

Jeff Rhodes - He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April, 1989.

James Milan - Found decapitated. Coroner ruled death due to natural causes.

Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.

Richard Winters - Was a suspect in the Ives / Henry deaths. Was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989

THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD:

Major William S. Barkley Jr.
    Captain Scott J. Reynolds
    Sgt. Brian Hanley
    Sgt. Tim Sabel
    Major General William Robertson
    Col. William Densberger
    Col. Robert Kelly
    Spec. Gary Rhodes
    Steve Willis
    Robert Williams
    Conway LeBleu
    Todd McKeehan

18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    So Obama and Biden want to use the white house to carry out personal vendettas against Bush? If you have evidence then put up or shut up. You have control over the house to pursue impeachment and criminal charges right now.