1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama off to black-tie dinner while FEMA

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Feb 1, 2009.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama off to black-tie dinner while FEMA
    and blacked-out Kentucky freeze

This kind of thinking helped to demonize Bush.
    Why isn't turnaround fair play?

January 31, 2009
    Obama hates white people and wants them to die
    Rick Moran

With nearly 1.5 million people in the mid-west without power during a cold snap, what other possible reason is there that this new "competent" administration and FEMA would be failing so spectacularly in helping in this natural disaster?

It's got to be that Obama hates white people and wants them to die!

Of course, I am just aping what lefty blogs were saying about Bush less than 24 hours after Katrina's hurricane winds stopped blowing. But AP is reporting that Midwest disaster relief people are none too pleased with our new president's FEMA.

In Kentucky's Grayson County, there are 25 National Guardsmen there to help - but no chain saws to cut away fallen limbs and trees. EM Director Randell Smith is quoted as saying, "We've got people out in some areas we haven't even visited yet," Smith said. "We don't even know that they're alive."

Smith is also quoted as saying that FEMA is a "no show."

What's that? Here we are 5 days after the storm ended and still no FEMA? I demand a Congressional investigation. And let's get all the anchors and media people down here pronto. People's lives are at stake. For all we know, there are babies being eaten and people jumping off their roofs committing suicide because FEMA is nowhere to be found.

And where is our president? Shouldn't he be visiting these ravaged areas? It must be that he HATES WHITE PEOPLE AND WANTS THEM TO DIE. That is the only possible explanation for this incredible failure of our national government to relieve the suffering of these people.

Isn't it interesting that now that we have a Democrat as president that all of a sudden, disaster relief is a state and local matter and the federal government should stand aside and allow them to do their jobs?

Just wondering...
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Where's the telethon for the stricken in this as well?

Why hasn't the government moved faster to help these people.

Why oh why does Obama hate white people????

I blame him for every death from this terrible thing.

I also heard that Obama created a weather machine and turned it on the white people of KY.

He's the devil I tell ya, the devil.

:lmao2:
  3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Why is this funny? People there need help. I have relatives there, bro.--not funny.
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Liberal media? What liberal media? I hear tell they're bipartisan. (lol) What Katrina taught the media was that they could hurt Bush by lying. What 2008 taught them was that they could help Obama by not reporting at all.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    The overall media is bipartisan. It's set up that way so you play into their agenda when they tell you your choice(s) are either ___, or ____.

You've obviously never studied many aspects of the media, ethics and politics. Most media is owned by a few owners with deep political ties and their interests lie in keeping the old-school, bipartisan platform.

If you can't see that much, that they want you to vote either D or R, then I'd say stop drinking and then see what you think after you consider this proposition after two weeks of sobriety.

'Tis not that hard to see.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,114 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    I hate the tone of the article even though I understand the point trying to be made. I hated the articles post Katrina that accused Bush of similar racism.

I don't care about the politics of either President. I feel bad for the victims of both disasters. I wish people and the media would be balanced and fair. It will never happen. This is just another sad example.
  7. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Did you notice the author?

"Rick Moran" :D

Tells us quite a bit, now, doesn't it?
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    Media BIPARTISAN?
    What planet do you live on?
  9. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Wow, all I can say is you must be one partisan son of a gun to believe it is solely "slanted" towards one specific political view.

Let me guess, you think the media is liberal, in the modern sense of the word?

IMO, the whole problem lies within linguistic interpretation and bias. That's why media is flawed and, in my expert opinion, very bipartisan. It wants the public to be divided along the lines of right and left. From there, the agenda is easier to set.
    Let me ask you this, what would their ratings be like without the us versus them element of conflict-i.e.-, party loyalty, patriotism etc.?

How is that cave?
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    You use a lot of fancy words to cover up the fact that you are full of it.

Numerous surveys over the last 10 years have conclusively shown that the media is about 75% left leaning. That is NOT bipartisan by any definition that makes sense to normal people. A heavily slanted media is NOT bipartisan. Just keep digging that hole deeper if you want. You are rapidly reaching the Jiggsy level.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The effort here, while sarcastic is to show the unfair treatment of Bush by the left. Yet when faced with something somewhat similar they are dead silent. I think the article was well right on mark for what it attempted to do.

Sometimes you have to use absurdity to demonstrate absurdity because some people only understand that.
  12. Hostile

119,114 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    I have no idea who that is. I am not political.
  13. Hostile

119,114 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    Yeah, which is why I said "I understand the point trying to be made."

I may not know or care about politics, but I'm really not that dense. Thanks though. I appreciate wanting to clarify for me.
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I think he's trying to say that his last name is close to moron.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :confused:

Wasn't saying you were dense about it at all.

I made the reply to make the point about absurdity being used to illustrate absurdity, which was the reason for my first post in the thread. THat's all.

Wasn't trying to make any other point.
  16. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No one refers to the press as "bipartisan." That's a term reserved for politicians. The press is either objective or biased.

I have an MA in Journalism. Is that good enough for you, or do you want to keep playing games?

You know who else thinks the media overwhelmingly leans left? The media! In survey after survey, they self-identify as liberals. The vast majority of them are registered Democrats. The vast majority of the networks, wire services, chat shows, and influential newspapers (CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, AP, UPI, Reuters, BBC, Oprah, The View, NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Time, Newsweek) are staffed with practitioners hostile to Republicans, Christians, gun-owners, pro-lifers, and generic conservative causes. Anyone who doesn't concede this is either blind or a liar.

Here's "fair and balanced" Diane Sawyer crying on Inauguration night. Embrace the professionalism.

[IMG]
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    How on earth anyone can argue these people are bipartisan is wayyyyy beyond anyone's normal reasoning.

Fools.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,289 Messages
    4,608 Likes Received
    I have been told many times by you that Fox is not partisan.
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    As a network they aren't. But there are some on there that are. Obviously Hannity is but he is a commentator, not a news reporter.

Van Sustren, Geraldo and Colmes are all libs and they all had very visable and successful shows on the network.
    Sawyer et all are supposed to be.

Which is why I don't call the likes of Obhermann and Mathews reporters or anchors. But Sawyer, Couris and Lauer are supposed to be. Big difference.
  20. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There must be something in the water at "bipartisan" ABC.

George Stephanopoulos cried on Inauguration Day

Via Mediabistro, George “Hussein” Stephanopoulos’ wife Ali Wentworth tells Oprah that she and her husband cried on Inauguration Day…

“We watched everything and George was still doing all the anchoring for ABC…When Beyonce said At Last, George called me at home and he went, 'Honey?' and I said 'I know!' and we both started crying."