1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama on Palin's Daughter

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by adamc91115, Sep 1, 2008.

1. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_on_Palin.html

Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown reports: At a press avail in Monroe, Mich., Barack Obama on Palin: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

On charges that his campaign has stoked the story via liberal blogs:
    "I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us," he said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I thought there was somebody in my campaign who was involved in something like that, they would be fired."

------------------

I don't support Obama as president, but I do commend him for his comments on this.
  2. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received

:clap2:
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,044 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I just finished posting this in the other thread. Seems really silly that people are so quick to link the Obama campaign to crap like this.

Just because some loon on a blogging site goes too far doesn't mean it's a reflection of Obama or the vast majority of his supporters.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Great job by Obama

I wish his followers had as much class as he displays.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    i think he's the best shot the dems have had in awhile and regardless of what happens in this election he will be around for some time to come in our political system. so far i like the fact he's there.
  6. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Obama: Steer clear of Palin's daughter
    Mark Hornbeck / Detroit News Lansing Bureau

MONROE -- Barack Obama, questioned about the pregnancy of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's unwed teenage daughter, said outsiders should steer clear of that subject.

"People's families are off limits," he said firmly. "People's children are especially off limits. They have no relevancy.

"I strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother hand me when she was 18."

Advertisement

Sarah Palin said today confirmed her daughter is expecting a child, and said Bristol Palin and the baby's father would wed.

Obama was asked by a reporter about Palin's daughter during a campaign stop in Monroe, following the Detroit Labor Day parade.

Asked if anyone in his campaign had a role in disclosing the pregnancy of 17-year-old Bristol, Obama said: "I'm offended by that statement. There's no indication that any of this involved us."

Obama indicated he'd dismiss anyone from his staff that was involved in disseminating that kind of information.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080901/POLITICS01/809010397/1374
  7. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,818 Messages
    10 Likes Received

:bravo: :bravo:
  8. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ME TOO!

[IMG]
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,086 Messages
    3,070 Likes Received
    Stuff like this is why I do like and respect Mr. Obama. If he lived in Arizona he might have my vote.

All joking aside, good for him.
  10. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

2,028 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    You might vote for him... Are you kidding? As someone else pointed out, until Obama stops accepting money from the Daily Kos and George Soros, the words he says in opposition to them are EMPTY.
  11. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You know, I did hear rumors that Obama thought Antoine Cason was the best CB in the draft. Just keep that in mind come Nov. ;)
  12. iceberg

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    so..."the chosen one" has asked "his people" to stop it, and you keep going.

no respect for anything, huh?
  13. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No kidding.
  14. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,044 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I'm sure he'll get to that as soon as the McCain campaign starts not accepting donations from Freepers or RedState visitors.

How freaking ridiculous. They're freaking blog sites which have thousands of contributors of which the vast majority are quite sane. It'd be like me asking the McCain campaign to not accept any donations from anyone that visits this site because rumors of Obama being a muslim keep being posted.
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,044 Messages
    306 Likes Received
  16. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,599 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    If you have no respect for a womans child inside her womb and refuse to address the issue as a candidate for President, because you think it's above your pay grade, why should conservatives believe you have any respect for a womans child outside the womb aside from the laws that force to to respect.

Obama, more than half the Nation does not trust you and there is nothing you can to do change that now. Hopefully more American's will come to their senses between now and November and Elect McCain/Palin as our next leaders.
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    You continue to prove what kinda person you really are.

Obama deserves better than followers like you.
  18. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,044 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    That quote originated when he was asked when he thought life began in the conception/birth process. He was implying that he wasn't God and he doesn't know exactly. That it was "above his pay grade". It's not the President's job to decide this matter. It's between you and God.
  19. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,599 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    That was not the context the question was being asked in. Roe V Wade is the proper context.
  20. iceberg

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    what's so funny is he doesn't get the irony of on one hand going "he's the chosen one by the people!" and then when obama says "stop being stupid" he ignores it.