1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama says Republicans trying to scare voters

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    McCain compared the fact that Obama is a celebrity and that is what he is being treated like by many in the media. I do not think the ad was intended on saying Obama was as dumb as these 2 media whores but only comparing the star treatment they get. All one has to do is look at the coverage Obama was getting going overseas with not just reporters but the lead anchors of the 3 major networks
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    "dire straits" is another fear tactic which i find openly hypocritical when he's busy whining about the other sides fear tactics.
  3. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thiink you are right that different people see this ad differently.

Obama gets an awful lot of negative media coverage. Heck it was just a couple of days ago that "Is Obama too uppity?" was the question sweeping the cablenews cycle.

Oh well. I'm guessing that the debates will matter far more than what the various campaign staffs are doing now.
  4. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I'm not saying the media access can't be a bad thing but it clearly is a good thing when you have reporters slobbering on them and making statements like you are not cool unless you have been with Obama which the lead anchor for NBC did. If McCain running an add poking fun at the celebrity status given to Obama then so be it but the truth is the ad is not far from wrong with unequal treatment is being handed to Obama for Free
  5. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The best quote came from the idiot on MSNBC, Chris "suck up" Matthews, that when he thinks of Obama, he gets a stirring in his a--, wrong quote a tingle up his leg. :lmao:
    If any one is bringing up the race card it's certainly not the Republicans, But it seems to be Obama's best card and he won the democratic nomination playing it, he certainly couldn't win presidency on his political agenda.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Funny part is I keep hearing about how he has no substance and he can't win on his political agenda.

Yet McCain and crew are the ones making ads comparing Obama to bimbos. And 3/4 of the McCain ads are about Obama.

Now...if McCain has substance and Obama does not, why doesn't McCain do more ads talking about his substance and political agenda instead of attacking Obama and comparing him to two bimbos?

Hmmm

Could it be that when McCain talks about his political agenda and substance he winds up looking at Lieberman for confirmation. Or if he is not around he winds up making multitudes of gaffs? Or could it be he does not like being compared to Bush yet he is basically altered his agenda to mirror bushes in many areas?

Hmmm.

This goes write back to the NYT article.

Instead of talking his substance and agendas he wanted to waste the majority of it basing away at Obama.

For someone that talks about another candidate not having substance or political agendas...he sure does talk about that other candidate more than he does himself and his agendas.
  7. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brain, I certainly am not trilled by the way the McCain campaign has been running this race, if he stuck to the issues I believe, he might be doing a hell of alot better. as far as the ad goes I think it was more of an attempt of showing Barack, in a star status, but with no substance to back it up. Thus the two bimbos, although Paris had a short movie career it's kind of been up and down and Brit, has given us all a good portrayal of her inner being:D Their talent is undeniable for their star status.
    Refresh my memory again what's Obama's qualifications, what's he bringing to the table, Change that's right, three years in the Senate, with no voting record, oh that's right he doesn't vote on the issues, and he's going to be the leader of our country Right!
    Who turned down the town hall meeting?
  8. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So would he have been better off if he'd have used these two pictures instead?

[IMG][IMG]

:p:
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    How many votes has McCain missed the last year or two?

What has he said recently that shows more substance than Obama?

And do you know why he turned down the town hall meetings?

Two reasons.

One when you are leading the candidate that is trailing always wants debates to help them get ahead...it is almost always the one trailing that wants the debates and it is usually the one leading that does not. Common practice.

Secondly.

McCain and crew said it would be an unbiased town hall meeting with the audience being of all parties so it would be equal...Only problem was they found out that it was not going to be the case, they were going to line the audience with republican voters. Now that wasn't shady.

Hmmm.
  10. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True, but McCain needs to focus on what he brings to the table instead of talking about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

I still think this is McCain's race to lose, I don't care what the polls say.

Even though Barack Obama needs to just STHU and talk about issues, he was correct in stating that he doesn't look like the folks on our currency.
  11. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anybody running for the top job in the United States is pretty much a celebrity. Some more so than others.

All John McCain has to do is point to the guys tenure in public office.

Not sure why he needs to go so far as to compare the guy to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.
  12. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Because the treatment Obama is getting is like no other. McCain getting celebrity treatment sorry no he is not being known and getting star treatement is not the same. McCain has 3 or 4 JV reporters standing around while Obama is getting the top people at this events. As for Paris and Brittney again the only reason was to show the star treatment Obama is getting. That is not spin that is hardcore fact.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Ding Ding Ding.

Running for President makes one a celebrity of sorts. It is a popularity contest anyways.

I guess one of the best presidents of my generation was nothing but a celebrity wanna be...he was actually an actor before getting into politics. I speak of Ronny of course.

Not only that you had another republican candidate this time around that was in politics, left it for acting and decided to come back and run for president in Thompson.

So this whole thing was silly.

And if they got a problem with him getting huge crowds and being popular, it is nothing more than jealousy because they would love to get the crowds and attention he is getting.

The ad was petty.
  14. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    When the top News people are the ones covering one over the other that is different treatment then come back and fawn over him? Please this is not about the public reaction this is about the people reporting giving bias treatment for 1 candidate over the other. If you can't see the difference in the treatment then really must be blind. Even many in the media are starting to acknowledge as much
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's not what happened. He attributed those racially-charged words to McCain and his allies when they did nothing of the sort. He tried to convince a crowd that McCain (and by extension, Republicans) was scared by a black face--even though McCain has fallen over backwards trying to keep race and "Muslim rumors" out of the campaign.
  16. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My friend at least there is a voting record on McCain, some where he voted against his party based on his principals, do you really know where Obama stands? and the reason for turning down the Town Hall debates Could it have been it's not Obama's strong suit. We have all seen and heard, Obama without his visual aid in making his public appeals, so in conclusion it's ok, to elect the next president with the promotion as the chosen one by the liberal press, No doubt, He's very good politician but he doen't have a grain of substance, I strongly believe, McCain would eat him up one on one and since all of his agendas have been tried and failed in other counties and he knows it, so what do we play the race card when it gets close, as far as the stacked audience argument, I believe that could have been worked out if there had been a serious attempt to do so.
    If the McCain campaign ever get's it together, this race should be close.
  17. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Hell it was the Clintons who started this, to use the Republicans as the cause of these rumors is ridicules look to the woman who he is trying to pay off her dept to get her support as the root cause of these rumors.
  18. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First, Obama is white himself (or half white). Second, the notion that the McCain ad plays to stereotypes of black men as sexual predators is far-fetched. The old stereotype has to do with black men as a threat to white female innocence, and it's hard to imagine two less innocent lassies than Hilton and Spears.
  19. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The notion that Obama was not making a racial appeal is preposterous. Are we to believe that when he said he doesn't "look like" the presidents on money, he meant that he lacks a wig and a beard?
  20. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Give. It. A. Rest.

Jeez, I've never seen anyone get so worked up and paranoid about anything.