1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama seeks 80% reduction (you read that right) in our nuclear arsenal...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,272 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I dont' have a problem with this, however, there have to be check in place to ensure that both countries are doing what they said they are doing. He also has to take into account up and coming nations capabilities and intentions. I doubt he has done that. He is really goign to hamstring us and stip us of our super power status.
  3. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You mean, "trust, but verify"? :) That was Reagan's motto. Under Nixon/Ford/Carter, they didn't much care for the verify part, and what we got was a relentless Soviet buildup in spite of our nice little pieces of paper that said they wouldn't do that.
  4. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,272 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Exactly, without verification as well as a stop in production, you are not avhieving anything. I tought the comment about a "legally binding document" to be funny. Nothing is legally binding between two nations.
  5. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    You mean we'll only have 20% of our nukes left??? But thats only enough to blow up the world 5 times over instead of the 200 times over we need.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Well, all I can do is laugh about this whole idea. The funny part of this is that if, by some miracle, the whole of the U.S., lock stock and barrel, decided to agree with the President, there is no way we can possibly accomplish this task. We can not effectively dispose of Nuclear weapons now. We have one of the most progressive systems anywhere in the world where this sort of disposal is concerned and we can't do it fast enough. What will the Russians do, assuming the pie in the sky promise is kept? What of China? What of Korea? What of every other Nation who is building to beat the band?

Take from it what you will but this is a statment that could not possibly have been thought threw very well and this is not even considering the strategic ramafications of such a move. Makes me wonder what President Obama is thinking? Good in theory but when the rubber meets the road, I can't possibly see how this can happen.

Yeah, lets spend a Trillion on condomes and welfare, reduce our military and figure out a way to pay for the huge problem of disposing 80% of our Nuclear Inventory.

Do me a favor and just get one of these things done correctly instead of trying to be all things to everybody and screwing every one of them up.

Wow!