1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama student indoctricnation Sept. 8th

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009
    Unprecedented: Obama to Address All Public School Students via Video Stream into Nation's Classrooms

Posted by: Meredith Jessup at 2:33 PM

On September 8, the Department of Education plans to run streaming video of President Barack Obama into the nation's public school classrooms. Teachers and students are carving time out their learning schedule to hear the President speak. The the exact subject of his speech is unclear at this point, but it's likely to revolve around his signed resolution marking September 11th as a "National Day of Service."

The Department of Ed's Teaching Ambassador Fellows group has put out a pre-K-6th grade "Menu of Classroom Activities" for teachers across the country to follow before, during and after the President's statement:

--Before the speech, build students' background knowledge of President Barack Obama by reading books about him and other U.S. Presidents. Ask students, "Why do you think he wants to speak to you?"

--Ask students what they can do to help in schools?

--Think about why it is "important that we listen to the President and other elected officials"?

--During the speech, teachers can ask students "to write down key ideas or phrases that are important or personally meaningful," and "younger children can draw pictures and write as appropriate."

--Students "could think about the following: What is the President trying to tell me? What is the President asking me to do? What new ideas and actions is the President challenging me to think about?" In addition, "students might think about: What specific job is he asking me to do?"

--"Teachers could ask students to share the ideas they recorded...to discuss main ideas from the speech, i.e. citizenship, personal responsibility, civic duty."

--Finally, "Students could discuss their responses to the following questions: What do you think the President wants us to do? Does the speech make you want to do anything? Are we able to do what President Obama is asking of us? What would you like to tell the government?"

I know what I would like to tell the government: leave our kids alone.

I don't need the government teaching my children anything about what "personal responsibility" means--a subject especially out-of-line coming from a President proposing $9 trillion in deficit spending for the next decade.

I don't need the government teaching my child its own definition of "citizenship" because I believe being a member of our family is exponentially more important than being a community citizen.

I don't need the government to explain what civic duty is, especially because the President and I differ significantly in our opinions of what civic duty, personal responsibility and citizenship all mean.

Parents, prepare yourselves--your kids are going to be made a captive audience to this forced nonsense. I suggest you plan your own civics lesson to teach your children when they get home from school on September 8. Teach them that "civic duty" does not mean doing whatever the President wants you to do, but instead, being strong-minded enough to stick to your principles and formulate your own thoughts about the role government should play in our lives.

Teach them that "citizenship" means something more than living within the geographical borders of the country and paying taxes; it means caring for and looking after your neighbor because it's the moral and right thing to do, not because the government told you to.

And teach them that personal responsibility is self-reliance and independence--ideas that can only grow to their fullest potential when a person maintains his liberty.

Do not begin to relinquish your rights and responsibilities as parents to the government. This massive abuse of government power--reaching into our kids' classrooms--is unacceptable. We've watched as prayer and religion have been tossed out the schoolhouse doors, but big-government influence continues to be ushered in. It's unacceptable--and the best way we can fight back is to take pride in the America we believe in and empower our children to carry on its legacy.

http://townhall.com/blog/g/f543a37d-6bc2-47d2-9ce0-cdbc66ec8a2c&comments=true
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    Obama can say what he wants but Sept. 11 for many it is a day to mourn the loss of American lives and an attack of the American home land at the hands of terrorist
  3. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    September 01, 2009
    Indoctrination through Education has Begun
    Lauri Regan

In a recent article that I wrote for AT, I stated that while I feared it imminent, the Obama administration had not yet turned its attention to controlling the public education system. Little did I know that my fear would come to fruition so quickly.

Perhaps because he has had enough of adult Americans questioning his policies and his lies, or perhaps he would like to take some attention away from his falling approval ratings and failing healthcare overhaul, Obama has turned his team of brainwashers on the task of indoctrinating America’s youth. On September 8th, Obama will address students across America. Some of the suggested teaching guidelines include:

Students might think about: What specific job is he asking me to do? Is he asking anything of anyone else? Teachers? Principals? Parents? The American people?

Teachers could ask students to share the ideas they recorded, exchange sticky notes or stick notes on a butcher paper poster in the classroom to discuss main ideas from the speech, i.e. citizenship, personal responsibility, civic duty.

Students could discuss their responses to the following questions: What do you think the President wants us to do? Does the speech make you want to do anything? Are we able to do what President Obama is asking of us? What would you like to tell the President?

Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president. These would be collected and redistributed at an appropriate later date by the teacher to make students accountable to their goals.

Well, I know what I “would like to tell the President” and it does not include praising him for his past 8 months of “serving” the country. I also have no intention of having my children write a letter to themselves or anyone else “about what they can do to help the president.” It seems to me that the president has enough help devastating the country with community service from the likes of ACORN, George Soros’ cabal of organizations, and brainwashed liberals who still adore him. My children are off limits.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/indoctrination_through_educati.html
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,405 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Get those kids brainwashed and its easier to lead them.
  5. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
  6. ShiningStar

6,405 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Woooooooooow, that is some major brainwashing there. You gotta love that. No, no communism here, just some singing and happy kids. :rolleyes:

Only Americans want to throw away what we have, fought for, died for and worked so hard for. I dont think there is one aspect of this country and Liberal would like, expect for the money.
  7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can tell you no chillens are singing that song now
  8. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    There going change it and rearrange it. :lmao:
  9. ShiningStar

6,405 Messages
    583 Likes Received

No doubt in my mind. Obama could come out and say "Im looking to bury this country" and his people will come out spinning.

I am just watching the Democratic party pull their hair out over this. NJ already is showing love for the Republican Challenger in the votes. I saw Harry Reid behind by double digits.

All the Republicans have to do is keep quiet and wait it out and things will fall in their laps.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,304 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    I don't see how the service day changes that...

... Seriously?
  11. ShiningStar

6,405 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    You know what Dooms, when I remember listening to obama to tell people to come out and vote for him on election day. Take work off he said, forget about your plans, just make sure you are there to put me in. I knew right than and there this guy was scum. No respect, or tradition, or consitution is going to stop this guy from breaking this country as fast as he can.
  12. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    My six grader will be sick that day...no school.
  13. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    What is it with conservatives and conspiracy theories? Your run of the mill conservative has become that crazy homeless guy yelling about Judgment Day on the corner of the street.
  14. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    i am going to ask this in all seriousness, hopefully i will receive sincere
    answers and not just reactions.

does it really upset you that the President of the United States is going
    to have a "speech" broadcast into our schools ?

really ? or are you just looking for a reason to be upset like the Disney pledge thing from earlier today ?

hey i understand if you dont like his policy but remember where former President Bush was when 9/11 happened. A SCHOOL. were you upset that
    he was there ? I wasn't.

now if he goes online and says anybody who doesnt like me should die or go to jail we got a problem, a real reason to be upset.

as always when i post in here i know i will regret it but i had to ask.
  15. ShiningStar

6,405 Messages
    583 Likes Received

Did Bush make a speech for all the schools? he was at 1 school, this is for a lot more as i read it. Or do you like to use data only when it helps Obama?
  16. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'll give you an honest answer.
    The president being/broadcasting to a school is no big deal.
    Not at all.It is good that the commander in chief makes a connection with the children.
    However in this particular case,I have a problem with the questions already put together.
    I am a strong opposer of him because I believe he is a fake.
    He has surrounded with some really shady characters(Jones,Holdren,Ayers,Wright...)and you know how the old proverb says:
    Show me your friends and I'll show you who you really are....or a more familiar one,"Birds of a feather flock together".
  17. poke

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    you are correct Bush was at 1 school.

this will be in a lot of schools.

i would not have been mad if Bush had made a speech into ALL the schools.

are we at the point where we don't want our kids to hear the President ?

i was taught to respect the President by a dad who didn't like many (if any)
    of them.
  18. poke

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    thank you Artie, i can surely respect your answer.
  19. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Difference is Bush should have left immediately and done his job when America was attacked instead of sitting there and reading my pet goat with a deer in the headlights look. Bush is a joke.

[youtube]5WztB6HzXxI[/youtube]
  20. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,639 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    didn't he tell them to go out and vote, not go out and vote for him?