1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama takes lead over Clinton in PA? (This one's for you Silverbear)

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2008/04/obama-takes-lead-in-pennsylvania.html

By popular demand, I'm posting a poll showing Obama doing well. :D

Barack Obama 45
    Hillary Clinton 43

Barack Obama has taken the lead in Pennsylvania, a remarkable turnaround after trailing Hillary Clinton by 26 points in a PPP poll in the state just two and a half weeks ago.

Obama's steep rise could be a reflection of a growing sense among Democratic voters that a continued divisive nomination process will hurt the party's chances of defeating John McCain this fall. An Obama upset in Pennsylvania would be virtually certain to force Clinton out of the race.

Obama has his customary large advantage with black voters (75-17) and is keeping it relatively competitive with white voters (49-38)

He leads across all age groups except senior citizens and balances Clinton's 10 point lead with women with his own 15 point lead with men.
  2. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hard to believe. If true, it really didn't take him all that long to overcome her lead.

Thanks Danny!
  3. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FWIW, I've never heard of this polling firm before, and I think these numbers are probably a little too over optimistic for Obama... but it's undeniable that he's closing on her fast.

I'd put money on another bombshell to hit Obama between now and the primary. That seems to be the standard operating procedure for Clinton.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,716 Messages
    432 Likes Received
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,876 Messages
    3,812 Likes Received
    Polls: Obama gains on Clinton in Pa.

By ALAN FRAM, Associated Press Writer
    2 hours, 43 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Barack Obama has gained ground on Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton in Pennsylvania by drawing more support from men and younger voters, according to presidential polls in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

The New York senator is ahead in the state 50 percent to 41 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday, but her lead has steadily eroded from 16 points in mid-February and 12 points in mid-March in the same survey.

Clinton still leads, largely because of her dominance of white voters.

Clinton trails Obama in the national popular vote and among delegates to the party's August convention. She wants a strong win in Pennsylvania's April 22 primary to demonstrate she remains a viable candidate and to continue her victories in general election swing states.

She is expected to do well because the state has large numbers of voters who typically support her, including older people, whites, and those without a college education. The Illinois senator would like to trim her margin as much as possible.

Since mid-February in Pennsylvania, Obama has gone from trailing Clinton among men by 10 percentage points to running even. He now leads among people under age 45 by 9 points, reversing an 11-point deficit.

Clinton leads in the state among people without college degrees, but what was a 29-point margin in February is now 19 points.

She has a 25-point lead among whites and almost as big a margin with women, which have changed little since February.

Exit polls of Democratic voters in other state primaries show that Clinton leads nationally among whites, who make up 86 percent of Pennsylvania's population, about 6 points above the national average. She is also ahead with women.

Obama leads nationally among men and younger voters, while Clinton does better with those who have not finished college.

The poll was taken during a time when both candidates were campaigning in Pennsylvania, including a prolonged bus tour by Obama. In the middle of the survey period, Obama was endorsed by the state's popular Democratic senator, Bob Casey, but the poll showed no real difference in voters' preferences just before and after the endorsement.

The Quinnipiac poll was conducted from March 24-31. It involved telephone interviews with 1,549 likely Democratic voters, for whom the margin of sampling error was plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.
  6. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just wanted to let ol' Bear know that we "righties" could be fair and balanced when it comes to poll reporting. :D
  7. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,030 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    The Dems in the house/congress are already asking hilarity to step down and back Obama but nothing tops her bogus sniper fire lies. That is unpardonable and a huge mockery to our military. She needs to be reprimanded for that one, disgusting....:mad:
  8. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL... duly noted, and appreciated... the problem is, as I've said before, when any one poll is running contrary to what all the other polls are saying, common sense says you should be skeptical about the outcome...

That applies to polls that produce numbers I like, too... :D
  9. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How exactly does her lying about that reflect on the military in any way??
  10. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,030 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    The pilot that flew her in called and explained the whole truth of the situation and it was deplorable how she can make up multiple lies and laugh about them when our military went thru great lengths to protect her sorry buttocks.

[IMG]

In a loud angry Walter Sobchak voice, "That f****** b*****. I had friends that died face down in the muck so that f****** b****, that strumpet, that...............":mad::mad::mad::mad:
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still don't see how any of that embarrasses the military in the slightest; all the embarrassment is Clinton's...
  12. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received

i couldn't agree more.:mad: