1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama VA: Let’s charge vets for care on service-related injuries

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Jordan55, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bang2: If the Obama administration wanted to come up with the most politically offensive policy it could imagine, within the bounds of reason and reality, what elements would it have to include? Insulting veterans and looking like cheapskates in a time when massive government outlays to private industry would certainly help it along. Comes now Hero of the Anti-War Left, retired General Eric Shinseki, who wants to save a few bucks at the Veterans Administration by making men and women injured in the service of our country pay for their care:
    Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance. …
    No official proposal to create such a program has been announced publicly, but veterans groups wrote a pre-emptive letter last week to President Obama voicing their opposition to the idea after hearing the plan was under consideration.
    The groups also cited an increase in “third-party collections” estimated in the 2010 budget proposal — something they said could be achieved only if the Veterans Administration started billing for service-related injuries.
    Asked about the proposal, Shinseki said it was under “consideration.”
    “A final decision hasn’t been made yet,” he said.
    Let’s see. The same administration that wants to give tens of billions of dollars to GM, Citigroup, AIG, and a host of other banks and manufacturers wants men and women injured in service to their country to pay for the medical care that arises from these injuries? In what universe does Shinseki and the Obama administration live, anyway?

I would love to see them try to enforce this plan:rolleyes:
    Love my country fear my government
    Libs and Rino's
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And you wonder why the military doesn't get behind this oaf...

I hope voters puts a stop to this nonsense and soon (Midterms) before the country is devastated by these radical policies.

He is acting like he knows he's a one and done joker.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Is that an article? Where from?
  4. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Good question. I was going to ask but forgot to.
  5. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here it is
    Go to HotAir.com it was written by Ed Morrissey

And people used to complain that Bush didn’t care enough about veteran care - even though he increased the VA budget by 56% from 2001 to 2008. Bush never offered the notion that the nation should shirk its duty to those who gave their health for the defense of America, especially not in the same week in which his administration signed a record omnibus bill with 8,000 pork items in it. In fact, I don’t think any administration has ever signaled such a policy, mostly because previous administrations weren’t dumb enough to try it, let alone crass enough to consider it an area to save a little cash.
    Obama said he wanted to bring bipartisanship to Washington, and he may succeed here — by annoying both Democrats and Republicans. Patty Murray (D-WA) declared that any such suggestion would be “dead on arrival” in the Senate. Richard Burr (R-NC) told Shinseki not to count on that revenue stream. If Hope and Change means dunning wounded warriors, Capitol Hill will say thanks, but no thanks, in as united a voice as one can imagine these days.
    It’s just another incompetent moment in an administration trying to set a record for them.
  6. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cajun, I believe you might like the web site
  7. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Airforce reveals new weapon, to scare the bejeepers out of the Al-Qaida,

[IMG]
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,442 Messages
    3,701 Likes Received
    :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Jeez, that did wonders for me too. :eek:
  10. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know if this falls under the Geneva Convention principals, living here in the states I would definitely call it torture, every time her face is shown:lmao2:
  11. BadWolf

BadWolf Member

182 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It will definately increase the sales of Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, and other underwear makers.
  12. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    :eek::eekmouse:

:laugh1:
  13. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,568 Messages
    33 Likes Received

This is completely out of character for Obama. If it's true it would anger me beyond words - but I just hafta believe there is more to this than meets the eye.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/veterans/

http://washingtonindependent.com/6200/veterans-health-bills-where-obama-and-mccain-break
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Of course you have to believe in your messiah.
  15. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you kidding me? "Out of character"? What precisely do you mean by that? That his actions go against his stated policy? Just like earmarks, lobbyists, and whatnot? Face it, there are two columns for Obama...what he says....and what he does. He's under no self-imposed obligation to assure that the two columns match. He's under no pressure from the media to make those two columns match. He seems to be under no pressure from his supporters to make those two columns match...though that seems like it may be finally turning (except among the most devoted, of course). And read your own words back very carefully... "I just hafta believe..." Yes. Yes you do.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,633 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao: :puke: :eekmouse:
  17. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,273 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    That has to be one of the most insulting ideas I have ever heard in my life.
  18. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Take a look at Obama's last 50 days if you want to be truly insulted this is just bread on a Guacamole sandwich:D
    Where the hell is my bailout check, along with my government job.
  19. Cowboys2008

Cowboys2008 New Member

929 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well at least I know when this country turns to putting caps in each other's butts, that the military and vets will be on my side. :tongue:
  20. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.

"It became apparent during our discussion today that the President intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan," said Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion. "He says he is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."

The Commander, clearly angered as he emerged from the session said, "This reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate ' to care for him who shall have borne the battle' given that the United States government sent members of the armed forces into harm's way, and not private insurance companies. I say again that The American Legion does not and will not support any plan that seeks to bill a veteran for treatment of a service connected disability at the very agency that was created to treat the unique need of America's veterans!"