1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama's brother accused of sex assault in the UK

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ajk23az, Apr 11, 2009.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Obama brother accused of UK sex assault
    Samson denied British visa after incident with teen girl in Berkshire

By Gloria De Piero, 11/04/2009

AMERICAN president Barack Obama's half brother was REFUSED a visa to enter the UK after being accused of an attempted sex attack on a young girl in Berkshire.

The News of the World can reveal that Kenya-based Samson Obama tried to get into Britain on his way to Washington for his family's big day, the historic inauguration in January.

But eagle-eyed immigration officials at East Midlands Airport, using the latest biometric tests, discovered he was linked to an incident here last November. The hi-tech database revealed that Samson -who manages a mobile phone shop just outside Nairobi-was the same man arrested by British police after he approached a group of young girls, including a 13 year-old, and allegedly tried to sexually assault one of them.

He then followed them into a cafe where he became aggressive and was asked to leave by the owner. That's when police were called and Samson was arrested.

He supplied officers with his mother's address in Bracknell but gave them a false ID, claiming to be Henry Aloo, a genuine asylum seeker.

Mum Kezia, 67, has lived in Bracknell for six years. She married the US president's father Barack Obama Snr in Kenya when she was a teenager.

Following Samson's arrest he was fingerprinted but not charged, then left the country. However, all his details were stored on the Home Office's new database of prints and biometric details. And that's what finally pinpointed Samson's link to the world's most powerful leader-as he tried to slip back into Britain to visit relatives en route to the swearing-in ceremony.

The White House was informed and a Home Office source told the News of the World: "This was obviously an extremely sensitive issue when it was flashed up by the database.

"But the system is designed to flag up people who have come to the attention of the police in the UK and are then trying to return."

It is thought that Samson-one of the President's 11 half brothers and sisters by his father who had four partners-managed to travel on to Washington by boarding a connecting flight to the US from East Midlands.

He was able to do so despite not having a UK visa because he remained in transit and never left the airport. A stewardess from nearby Nottingham told her local newspaper how she met him on his flight to America. Dawn Stewart, of Sherwood, described how Samson told her his nickname was Abo and said he was on his way to the US capital for the presidential swearing-in.

She recalled: "I asked him how he feels being the brother of the next president and he said, 'I can't tell you the depth of excitement we feel.'

"I asked what Barack was like as a teenager and he said he was always charismatic and calm."

The flight attendant said Samson claimed he had never travelled before and proudly showed her a headed letter from his half-brother requesting his three-week visa to the USA.

Last night a Home Office spokesman confirmed Samson Obama was refused a visa after immigration officers noticed one of the documents he supplied with his visa application was false. That led to further inquiries.

A UK Border Agency spokesman said: "We consider all visa applications based on their merits. We will oppose the entry of individuals to the UK where we believe their presence is not conducive to the public good.

"The UK's border controls are among the toughest in the world. All visa applicants are fingerprinted and checked against watchlists. Using this hi-tech system we have detected more than 5,600 attempts to use false identities since December 2007.

"Our officers in 135 countries are working with law enforcement agencies and airlines to clamp down on forged passports and visas."
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,026 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    Sad story ...... but has nothing to do with Obama.
  3. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    +1 to Obama's ever-growing list of shady friends.
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You sure he's not a long-lost Kennedy?
  5. zrinkill

33,026 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    All politicians have that these days.
  6. irvin4evs

irvin4evs Benched

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right. And this makes him stand out from every single other politican how, exactly?
  7. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,753 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    what......Obama the democrat Teflon Man?......non stick surface.....

Is Obama's illegal aunt still in the country?

Why should he not be "Borked" or "Palin'ized"........
  8. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,292 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    when do we quit accepting it and demand more from our politicians?
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The fact that he's president "makes him stand out from every single other politician." Unlike his scofflaw aunt, this is a non-story.
  10. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

You're kidding, right?

We just came off an election that pitted Obama versus McCain.

We could very well see a Palin vs Obama election next time around.

And you think we'll finally "get it" and start demanding more from our politicians? LOL.... This is de-evolution.
  11. irvin4evs

irvin4evs Benched

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's a moot point unless the sociopolitical system in its entirety is overhauled. We have no means of holding them accountable.

Pointless my-team-is-better-than-yours bickering, which the majority of voters are guilty of and this "political" board are a great demonstration of, undermines our ability to do so because people invariably pick sides and don't hold their own accountable.
  12. irvin4evs

irvin4evs Benched

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So you'd be pitbulling these sorts of things if Sarah "Well actually my daughter broke up with the father YAY MARRIAGE" Palin?

Cuz I missed that thread.

My point isn't that one group is necessarily less-evil than the other. They both are horrible. Singling out certain parts all the time--drawing these invariable, iron-law lines like you do--does nothing to help the problem.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,158 Messages
    2,684 Likes Received
    How does this have anything to do with Obama???

Is it his fault that his brother is being accused of an attempted sex attack on a young girl in Berkshire (according to the article)???

This just in..........we dont get to pick our family members.

You dont have anybody in your family tree (cousins, aunts, uncles, mother, father, brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, ect...) that has done some things that you are not partically proud of???

Is it your fault and responsiblity for the behavior of your family memebers? Last time I checked, each person is responsible for their own actions in life.
  14. zrinkill

33,026 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    I was against that stupidity as well.

Changing the letter from R to D beside their names does not make it right or wrong in my eyes.
  15. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,753 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    .....I'd like to see all these "leave the family alone" proponents strongly worded replies to Palin family threads on Left wacko sites DKos or HuffPo.......

they are probably banned from the site so quickly it makes the cyberspace spin......and posts are deleted......

it just seems to be very much a one way street.........as always........