1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama's Mother and her Parents

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    Forgive me for my ignorance in this matter but does anybody have info on Obama's Mother and the Grandparents who raised Obama when he came to the States?

I have read some info on his African Father and siblings and have even seen some small mention of his Step Father but I haven't seen very much on his Mother's Parents. Does anybody have information on them? I would be interested to understand there backround as well.

Thank you in advance,

ABQ
  2. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. ABQCOWBOY

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
  4. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He talks about how his grandfather served in WW2 and his grandmother worked on an assembly line at the time. There were lots of pictures of them in the bio video before his convention speech.
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He does have an autobiography that he's written. I've never read it, but I'm sure there's a lot about them in there.

If you're really interested in his background you should pick it up... I think it's called "Dreams from my father."
  6. ABQCOWBOY

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received

I'm sorry I missed that. I honestly have about zero knowledge of his Grand Parents or even his Step Father.
  7. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I know he paid for his way through Harvard. I think I remember reading somewhere he had 25K per year of Harvard.