OC Replacement

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ringmaster, Nov 26, 2016.

1. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

2,322 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    I want to know from you guys if Scott Linehan gets a HC job from a team. Who do you think could be the new OC for the Cowboys?

2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

13,660 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    Norv Turner

3. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

5,003 Messages
    2,875 Likes Received
  4. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

124 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    He's not going anywhere. He's 53,has already tried the HC route, has the leagues best talent laden offence to work with ,and you know that he is making 7 figures and Jones will pay him whatever to keep him. He would be an absolute fool to walk away from this situation.

w8lifter likes this.
  5. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,608 Messages
    7,186 Likes Received
    Just north of 2 million a year

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  6. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,859 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    Faulty logic. If you get the chance to be a HC in the NFL, you take it. You take it especially if you have failed already to prove to yourself, you can do it. You want to build your own program. You want to be the best. You worked your whole life to get that opportunity, you don't turn it down. He would be a fool not to take the opportunity. I hope he stays but no way would I think he would if he is offered a HC job.

Galian Beast likes this.
  7. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

5,826 Messages
    2,896 Likes Received
    Chip Kelly may be available.

<ducks*>

*No pun intended

icup and Risen Star like this.
  8. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

124 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I'm curious, how old are you, younger or older than 45?

9. Cowboy4ever

2,859 Messages
    918 Likes Received

10. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

124 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Thank you for your reply. Bad timing. I have to go to work but if the lord is willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll be back tomorrow to explain why I asked.

11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

10,076 Messages
    3,414 Likes Received
    I doubt it, when it didn't happen in 2014, when we hired Linehan, I figured it wasn't meant to be.

12. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

7,644 Messages
    2,323 Likes Received
    Not a Turner fan with this group of players. Linehan has put his fingerprint on this offense as much as its Garret's system it has dash of Linehans wide open offense on it. I think we need a proven innovator not a retread that seems to lose jobs faster and faster as he ages.

Doomsday likes this.
  13. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

124 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    If the logic is faulty, then how do you explain why Jimmy Johnson, John Gruden, and Phil Cowher never returned to coaching, although Johnson coached the Miami Dolphins for a few seasons, after leaving the Cowboys, but that was years ago. All of them had other chances to be a HC and they all passed on the opportunity.
    The reason why I asked your age was to see if there was a gap between yours and mine. I am 61 and probably see things a little differently then you do at 46. It doesn't mean either of us is wrong. I guess that we will find out if the opportunity opens up.

fairviewfarmer likes this.
  14. Cowboy4ever

2,859 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    Well i can't speak of what motivated them to coach. But I can see that all of them had SB rings already. They had achieved their goal. So after that was accomplished,maybe the grind of a HC life was not what they wanted any longer. But you are comparing apples to oranges. Those guys were successful HC. Scott was not. I would bet just about anything he is wanting to get another chance to prove that he can be. That's what he has worked his whole life for.

15. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

124 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    If that is what he wants, then more power to him. If I was 53 and already had tried the HC job, I would rather go home to my wife and kids, enjoy some sort of normalcy in my life, and pocket a lot of Jerry Jones' money, but that is just me. We'll see what he does when this season is over.

16. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

10,084 Messages
    2,010 Likes Received
    Promote Wilson and offer Romo a role of player coach so he can stay in Dallas and still feel useful.

17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,917 Messages
    3,080 Likes Received
    TONY ROMO

eternaljester81 likes this.
  18. Cowboy4ever

2,859 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    I don't see anyway Romo would accept any coaching job with this team at this point. Maybe down the road. But right now, he wants to play. He wants to prove that he can still play at a high level. He won't stay in Dallas to be a back up or player coach or anything else now. Nor should he.

19. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

124 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Romo is gone in 2017. Good luck to him.

20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

37,627 Messages
    15,867 Likes Received
    The last 3 weeks I have not been impressed at all with the playcalling.

Daks ability to extend and make plays outside of the scheme have been huge.

Doomsday and bodi like this.