1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ocho Macho

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Spectre, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,120 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Ex-Bengal and current Brown Shaun Smith confirmed to the Cleveland media that Chad Johnson took a swing at Bengals coach Marvin Lewis and WRs coach Hue Jackson at halftime of a 2006 Wild Card game.

"He swung on Marvin," Smith revealed. "(Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson." Smith's press conference was originally available on YouTube, but the video was since removed.
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,401 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received

So if they release Ocho, than that would mean that Ocho has won... why would they do that? If I were Marvin, I'd even stick more to my guns of not trading him, and making him play...
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    Makes you long for the days of Bob Lilly when they'd beat the absolute hell out of a fellow player for pulling that crap.

No wonder Marvin Lewis has credibility issues. He should have threatened to resign if they didn't trade that idiot.
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,234 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    I'd think if they were going to release him, they would have done so right after the incident, not 2 years later.
  5. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received

I hear ya... but you really cant.

Gotta get rid of him and get something for him in return.

Keyshawn is a lowlife and Chad is no different. He may have fooled some fans and the media... but not me.
  6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,401 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    The timing of this statement may generate controversy and initiate a whole trade scenario once again...

if Chad had swung on Marvin, they should have suspended and fined him for that in my book without pay for at least a whole season...

that is way worse than whatever TO did....
  7. AbeBeta

25,234 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    It would.

If it wasn't already reported two years ago.
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    yet here is another ****** that some "cowboys fans" would trade their mother for and happily root for him as long as we win.

amazing.

Someone should have beat the tar out of him in the locker room for that, then he should have been suspended for a part of the next year if not traded.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    WOOOHOOOO Git'em Jerra!
  10. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,257 Messages
    3,190 Likes Received
    After hearing that I wouldn't want him. I'd still take Pacman. There are differences. Pacman has already been punished. And he will be on a very short leash. Apples to apples.
  11. IronCowboy

IronCowboy Benched

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope the Eagles get this guy just so he can screw up McNabb's other knee.
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,817 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    Huh...this is the first I've heard of that incident. That is very poor, very poor indeed.
  13. BehindEnemyLinez

BehindEnemyLinez Optimist Prime

2,234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Even w/ this so-called "eyewitness" report, I find it hard to believe that the Bungles, Marvin Lewis in particular, would let 85 do this w/ out any sort of discipline. If so, that explains why Lewis will NEVER win in this league b/c players will NEVER respect him!
  14. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Old news that came out after the game and everyone the Begals where lying about it when they tried to brush it off. That team fell apart at half time in that game as a team because of it. Marvin should have benched hinm and left him in the locker room
  15. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,257 Messages
    3,190 Likes Received
    That team fell apart entirely and/or just wasn't as good as some thought. This explains a lot. And I agree. Suspended for awhile. He'd never ever play again on my team.
  16. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received

Yes differences.

Chad swings at coaches
    Pacman swings and hits women.

You are right LOL
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think it is kind of funny the Bengals team has struggled since that time how much of it was the respect they lost for the Head Coach the guy should have been suspended.

I find it funny how the Bengals tried to sweep it under the rug; scissor gate anyone
  18. AbeBeta

25,234 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    Lewis' problem is that he is a good person - he really thinks he can help troubled players. That's a fantastic trait and I really hate to see him get slammed for it as he's also an outstanding Xs and Os guy. He's probably the kind of guy who talked to Chad after the incident, they hugged, maybe had a beer, and were cool with each other after. He's like a foster parent to a screwed up kid - he's going to take a ton of abuse because he really thinks he can get to the guy.

Problem is, the Bengals have so many bad character players that he just can't handle it all. If it were just Johnson, Marv would be fine. But they want to take every damn talented hard case out there.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,182 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    yeah ok but why bring it up now?
  20. AbeBeta

25,234 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    Really this is about the "real" media getting a quote one something they chased for months after PFT reported it -- people knock PFT but they had this story the day AFTER the game, pretty much going down as Smith said.