1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Oct 6 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Oct 7, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really don't know how people think were are going to end up with a G an C out the first round just don't see Jerry going for that

but if I had my choice it would be a OG

1 David DeCastro*, G, Stanford
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 312
    Projected 40 Time: 5.14

[youtube]_8I56-rnbZ8?hd=1[/youtube]

DeCastro can even pull

Peter Konz*, C, Wisconsin
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 315
    Projected 40 Time: 5.58
    Projected Round (2012): 2-3

Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 293.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.08
    Projected Round (2012): Top 25 Pick

But I think Konz will be picked ahead of Brewster but I still would welcome Brewster he played four years at OSU

I think JG will have a tough time selling that to Jerry selecting another O line in the first

2 Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 202.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.58

[youtube]668HpkszsAY[/youtube]

T.J. McDonald*, S, USC
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 205
    Projected 40 Time: 4.49
    Projected Round (2012): 2

[youtube]SIx37YX6C2Y[/youtube]

3. Brandon Boykin, CB/KR, Georgia
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 185
    Projected 40 Time: 4.42
    Projected Round (2012): 3

Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 180
    Projected 40 Time: 4.47
    Projected Round (2012) 3
    [youtube]Z5ZndXlRDVc[/youtube]

4. Carmen Messina, ILB, New Mexico
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 236
    Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-6

[youtube]dJy6VbUV9iY[/youtube]

Carmen Messina is a technically-sound tackler who has been very productive the past two seasons. He had 115 tackles and six tackles for a loss in 2010. A year earlier, Messina had 162 tackles to lead the nation. He is a smart and instinctive football player. If he continues to add weight while maintaining his production, he should be a mid-round pick who could have starting potential after being developed as a backup for a couple of season.

5. Ben Bojicic, C, Bowling Green
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 294
    Projected 40 Time: 5.21
    Projected Round (2012): 5-7

Ben Bojicic has been a three-year starter for Bowling Green. He's missed some games each of the past couple of years, so it will be important for Bojicic to show that he can stay healthy and make every start in 2011. Bojicic has good mobility

6 Darius Fleming, OLB, Notre Dame
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 255
    Projected 40 Time: 4.59
    Projected Round (2012): 5-7

8/24/11: Darius Fleming has played defensive end and outside linebacker for the Irish. In 2010, he recorded 49 tackles and led Notre Dame with 11 tackles for a loss and six sacks. Fleming has some tools as a rush linebacker, and could be in store for a big 2011 season. Fleming would be a better fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker at the next level.

7 Brandon Bolden, RB, Ole Miss
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 220
    Projected 40 Time: 4.57
    Projected Round (2012): 6-7

Brandon Bolden is one of the bigger backs in next year's draft class. Last year, he ran for 976 yards and 14 scores while averaging six yards per carry. He also had 32 catches for 344 yards. As a sophomore, Bolden was the change of pace from Dexter McCluster and had 614 yards rushing with four touchdowns. Bolden has very good hands and that will appeal to offensive coaches in the NFL. Not only can Bolden run with power but he also has been known to hurdle over defenders. Bolden will be the workhorse for Ole Miss and figures to get a lot of opportunities in 2011
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,647 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    I like your first round pick but I would rather have a CB in round two than a safety and just resign Elam and Sensy
  3. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,784 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    We should trade all of our picks in rounds 2-7 for another first, and then just take a bunch of UDFA's. That seems to be the two areas where we do the best.
    I kid, of course. But if you look at who's on the roster, it's not that crazy.

Romo
    Dez
    Miles
    Felix
    Tyron
    Costa
    Jenkins
    Newman
    Elam
    Albright
    Church
    McCray
    Holley
    Ogletree (ok I may be reaching there)
    Lee (would have been our other first if we had two)
    Spears
    Kowalski
    Parnell
    Spencer
    Ware

All first round picks, or UDFA's.

And guys like Lissemore, Nagy, Ball, and even Ratliff were all 7th round picks, who could foreseeable have been UDFA's, if we hadn't take them.
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    T.J. McDonald really intrigues me.

I love his bloodlines as I was a big fan of his dad Tim McDonald for a longtime. I was a bit concerned that he was a little too leggy being a taller safety (6'2") but he's shown good athleticism for a guy his size. He just won the Jim Thorpe player of the week award. Look forward to seeing more of him.

I still think we need to draft a talented safety for depth to develop. Even if Sensabaugh is resigned, I'm guessing he only gets a relatively short term contract (2-3 years). Also, who knows what we plan to do with Elam in the longrun. I have a generally positive view of Barry Church, but I'm not holding my breath on him as being a future starter.

We need more talent at the position.

BTW, I'm a biiiiiiiiiig fan of David DeCastro. I'd love to add him to our line.
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you can take Prater off my list