1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Of the two 7th round lineman...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by theogt, Apr 30, 2006.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,103 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Pat McQuistan and E.J. Whitley

Do you think either will find a spot on the roster? I'm not sure either can beat out any of our current players.
  2. Dyluke

Dyluke Member

442 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How a guy like Wright has gone undrafted is amazing. You can't tell me with a straight face Pat McQuistan is a better value than R.Wright in the 7th!! round. Must be something people don't know about
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,103 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Wright just went.
  4. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    probabaly the kid from Weber St. I read where 'Pro Football Weekly' said he's like a man among boys at his level.
  5. T-Bone 625

T-Bone 625 Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never heard of PAT McQuistan until today. So my guess he is PS material at best. Whitley may have some value down the road because he can back up multiple positions along the OL. You can activate less lineman on game day if you have a player like him and use the spot on another position. He will probably need a year on the PS as well to improve his strength. So the answer to your question is NO. I don't think they beat out any of our current players.
  6. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,968 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    I won't take credit for this as others pointed it in chat, but Wright doesn't exactly fit the role of 3-4 nose tackle.

And, if that's the case, we likely don't even have him on our board.