1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Off-season wish list

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Howboutdemcowboys31, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Bane

Bane New Member

25 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    New HC
    New OC
    O-line, D-Line, and Safties

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, an actual GM too!
    dupree89 likes this.
  2. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,706 Messages
    810 Likes Received
    that's why it's called a wish list
  3. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,449 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I would like all of the art removed from the stadium. Can it be sold and put towards the cap?
    pjtoadie likes this.
  4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    I thought the team addressed the center position? Is this an old post? Lol
  5. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,039 Messages
    520 Likes Received
    [quote="CanadianCowboy2, post: 5297708, member: 746trade are in cap hell for a while so we have to take some lumps and not keep renegotiating too many more contracts next year.

Resign selvie and Hayden as backups.
    Draft:
    round 1 stud DT or DE
    Round 2 stud run oriented OG
    Round 3 DT
    Trade round 4 back several times and accumulate several picks for cheap depth to stop the expensive contracts.[/quote]

We are so backwards with the cap I could see jerry trading out of the first round entirely for later picks as a cost cutting measure.

I really have no idea how we are going to create that much room without releasing several players and still being forced to restructure several contracts placing future years into even worse shape.

Thid team is so depressing
  6. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,784 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    They are already under contract for 2014, both for $730,000. Unless they have some sort of clause that voids their deals for playing time, they are both back at affordable rates.
  7. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,737 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    That's about the most precise summary of the last 15 years of Dallas Cowboys futility anyone is likely to come across. Oy! :(
  8. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Nope, just want Costa and a lot of other mistakes off the squad. We can do better than Costa as a backup to Fred.
  9. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,714 Messages
    1,933 Likes Received
    Who cares? Nothing will change no matter who we draft.
  10. rat2k8

rat2k8 Well-Known Member

795 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Draft a new Owner.
  11. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Are you Mickey Spagnola?

Always justifying the state of the cowboys by pointing out those worse than us.

The Steelers have been to three recent Super Bowls winning two e.g. they've won more Super
    Bowls than we had playoff wins in the last 18 years.

The Giants something similar.

How about the Ravens and Ozzie Newsome, I'll take him as GM.
  12. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Get rid of JASON GARRETT and MONTE KIFFEN!

I'm all for keeping the same head coach and not switching them every year. But Jason Garrett has got to go, the team hasn't changed one bit since 2011.

Get someone like Jon Gruden or Lovie Smith and give them a chance to do something that Andy Reid is doing with the Chiefs. That is our best shot IMO. We are running out of time with Romo, Witten, and Ware. We need to make a gamble.

Frankly I am sick of Jason Garrett and cannot wait till he is gone. I think we will be looking back 3-4 years from now and thinking "Thank God those days are OVER!"

Coaching is this teams problem.
  13. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

284 Messages
    137 Likes Received

no sir. The roster is clearly this teams problems.
  14. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Dude, one playoff win since 1996. I was in 6th grade.

Find me a GM that would have kept his job through all of these bone-headed decisions Jerry has made.
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,823 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    Dude, like I said, how about giving me a name of some dude you want for GM? Maybe Google can help you name some GMs. Like a lot of others, you can throw the name Ozzie Newsome out there but he ain't coming here. Bone-headed decisions come with the territory of being GM and basically life in general. No GM is perfect. In Balt, a lot of fans are calling the Boldin trade to SF a bone-headed decision. And we'll see soon if the Flacco mega-contract qualifies as a bone-headed decision.

Sure, Jerry Jones has made some bone-headed decisions but he has also made some really good decisions also. Over-ruling Parcells and drafting Ware. Getting Romo and Miles as undrafted FAs. Drafting Dez. The 2013 draft rocks so far. The 2012 draft was a miss so far with the Claiborne trade. extending ratliff was a plain bonkers decision, I thought at the time. Tagging Spencer this year turned out to be a boneheaded decision but, at the time, was considered by some a good decision. The one fault I see with Jerry Jones over his tenure is that he rewards his players too well and is afraid to cut loose with aging vets.
  16. IrishAnto

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Nobody is perfect I understand that, but Jerry's mistakes since parting ways with Jimmy Johnson have far outweighed the good.

I would hazard a guess that Romo would never have gotten his change if Quincy Cater (another great Jerry decision) hadn’t smoked his way out of town.

By and large I would credit the coaches with developing Romo, Austen rather than Jerry.
  17. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,441 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    1-entire new coaching staff minus marrinelli and the st coach.
    2-almost all new d lineman
    3-dware to take a huge pay cut
    4-new guards on o line
    5- new safety
    6-totally new offensive system
    7-switch back to 3-4
  18. IrishAnto

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    You forgot the Fairy Dust that will be required to get that done.
  19. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,823 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    Yeah, I get it. You seem to have the "anything good, credit HC or player" and "anything bad, fault JJ" mentality. many do. I don't see it as JJ's fault that Quincy Carter smoked weed. Those who do must think GMs have crystal balls to predict the future. Bowe just got busted with weed, is that the GM's fault?

Here's an indisputable fact: if it weren't for Jerry Jones, Romo would not even have been here. Jones made the call to sign Romo as an undrafted FA. I'm sure he was given advice, listened, and then made the call. I think Denver (Mike Shanahan?) tried to sign him and offered more money than Dallas.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,525 Messages
    2,396 Likes Received
    Party pooper...lol