1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Office of the President Elect?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Rackat, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't recall any past President Elect's using such a sign on their podiums. Is this new, or did I just not notice it with Bush/Clinton/Bush/Reagan?

[IMG]
  2. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,714 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    They didn't, this is simply a "change".
  3. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's just another sign of Obama's ego.
  4. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You'll have to forgive the eagerness of the majority of American voters wanting to get going with a new presidency. While it's true that it isn't normal for a president-elect to begin acting so quickly, very few president-elects are faced with such a huge mess to clean up. So try to understand and don't get your panties in a wad (so to speak).
  5. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It has nothing to do with acting quickly. There is no and never has been an "office of the President-elect". It's just more of Obama's B.S.

And, I can hardly wait to see the mess Barry-O makes the next 4 years.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    It just kinda looks silly.
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I think it's more an indication of how desperate the nation is for genuine leadership in these uncertain times than Obama's ego. Circumstances are forcing him to take a more assertive and prominent role than is customary.
  8. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, riiiight.

This is all the same as when he came up with the mock Presidential seal during his campaign. It's just more over the top ego-driven B.S.
  9. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I call BS.

He has no authority. He is not able to do anything at all. This picture is representative of an ego run amok. That is not leadership, it is pomposity.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,437 Messages
    3,677 Likes Received
    You do know that he was not the first person to do the mock presidential seal during a campaign.

Now I don't recall anyone doing the president elect sign before.
  11. Sasquatch

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    The market's response to the announcement of his Treasury Secretary has nothing to do with people looking to him and the incoming administration to fill the leadership void in Washington. It's all about his ego. :rolleyes:
  12. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't say he was the first to do the mock seal. But that in combination with this 'office of the president-elect' is just more of his grandiose egotistical showmanship.

In the grand scheme of things it's relatively meaningless, other than showing what type of ego this man has.
  13. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What has his Secretary of the Treasury done? Nothing. His name was given as the person that will occupy the office.

January 20th, they will have authority, until then they do not.
  14. Sasquatch

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I personally think it's shrewd given the fact that many people couldn't envision him as president when this whole process began. Displaying Obama in presidential trappings time and again will make people more and more comfortable with the prospect of him being president by the time he actually takes office.
  15. Sasquatch

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Legally speaking, perhaps not, but he certainly has moral authority and the ability to influence congress, markets, and the general population.

Mind you, what you find so objectionable is only possible because a weary nation has lost all confidence in the current administration and is desperately looking to Obama for the leadership it feels the country needs.
  16. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unfortunately for some of you, the urgency of the economic crisis mandates that Obama takes action now and not wait until 1/20/2009. Obama is not imposing on anybody. His participation and his action is being demanded. So just relax, listen to some bossa nova, and oh yes....DEAL!
  17. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That preening, presumptuous piece of **** has been using that phony seal since July. It's about as genuine as he is.
  18. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No doubt it's all imagery with no substance, kind of like the candidate himself.
  19. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In other news, plans are underway for the construction of the Barack Hussein Obama President-elect library. Footage at 11....
  20. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ROTFLMAO... look at you, getting all upset at a sign that is entirely accurate...

He IS the President-Elect, and he most assuredly has an office, so what's the problem??

Answer-- you don't wanna be reminded that he's the President-Elect... it amuses me greatly to contemplate the apoplexy of guys like you in about 8 weeks, when he removes the "Elect" from that title...