1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Official: Anthony Spencer out for rest of season - 09/24/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Can't say that this is a surprise with how long it took him to come back.

This puts even more pressure on the offense to control the football, and for the team to play with the lead.

The Cowboys should consider looking at a Mark Anderson (he has been productive in this scheme in Chicago) or a Juqua Parker. Or, looking at the future from a development POV, bring in an Adewale Ojomo or a Mason Brodine from the Rams PS (long levered guy a la Caesar Rayford).
  2. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

890 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Bummer for everyone. Oh well. Next man up!
  3. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,923 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    wasn't it 11 million ? :p
  4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,273 Messages
    1,606 Likes Received
    This sucks...
  5. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

548 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    No kidding. The Cowboys have the most valuable franchise in all of American sports yet it seems like they have the medical staff of a Div III football program.

How does this continue to happen?

Either the medical staff needs to be overhauled or we're being fed lines of bull from Jerry.

When I stop to think about it, maybe it is on Jerry. After all he's the guy who is always putting a positive spin on injuries instead of being truthful and upfront. All he's doing is creating unrealistic expectations for the fan base when he makes statements like "Spencer should be available in a week or two, "It's just a minor setback; nothing serious", etc.

I'd rather he be like the Patriots and say nothing. Don't string along the fan base with glass half full statements making it seem as if Player X will be back in a few days. It's disingenuous.
  6. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,718 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    I'm sure they were well aware of this possibility and just wanted to make absolutely sure of the outcome before making it public.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received

I'm not so sure..

When was he franchised? Surely they did some medical exams on the guy before they handed him 11 mill.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    The DFW area has some of the best doctors in the country. What the hell is going on with our medical staff?
  9. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,355 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Ratliff is next
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,119 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    Medicine is not just black and white
    there is a LOT of grey in there
    nake likes this.
  11. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Active Member

370 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Actually franchising him now looks like a pretty good move instead of signing him long term
  12. munkee

munkee Member

339 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    So you are a waist man huh?
  13. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,063 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    So yeah Miles injury isn't serious either. Lol
  14. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I always disliked spencer. Now it looks smart to give him the franchise tag and He'ssssss outttaaaa here next season
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    anybody else at point where you just want to cut ties with all of the leftovers from the wade era? i'm sick of the losers from that era.
  16. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    I would not be shocked if we have seen the last of rat and spence in the silver and blue.
    If this news had came out in the preseason this place would have been panic stricken.... Now after seeing their replacements, it's not so much and next man up....
    I'm holding out hope that rat can come into the rotation at some point and contribute. We will need him as the season grinds on
    pugilist likes this.
  17. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,588 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    I would be shocked if Ratliff plays another down for us. He's been out a long time!! At some point you have to cut ties. Anyone gone this long wont be missed.
    Bigdog24 likes this.
  18. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,355 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    agree 100%. although i'm not as optimistic as you that Ratliff will contribute at any point this season
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    If ever there was a time for it, that time would be now.
  20. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

840 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    And if Bennett brothers' "collective" IQ magically skyrocketed to 70 I might, no guarantees though, pay attention.
    dogberry likes this.