1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Official Combine results?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Rack Bauer, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Anyone know where I can get the official combine results (height, weights, 40 times, bench reps, etc...)?
  2. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,687 Messages
    157 Likes Received
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

Thanks, Smith22. I think I'll just wait awhile for the results. I don't wanna pay money just to find out how fast someone ran the short shuttle. :D
  4. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,819 Messages
    303 Likes Received
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,707 Messages
    125 Likes Received
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

Thanks, Trickblue. But that's not all of it, is it? Seems like there's a 100 or so names missing. I counted 162. I thought there were like 300 or so people invited. Plus, there's a lot of 40 times missing. I thought most people ran the 40 this year. Also, not to be nitpicky or anything, there's only 40 and bench stats. I was looking for times on all the drills, if possible.

:D
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,707 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Sorry Rack... that's all I have right now...
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

Didn't mean to be a prick or anything. That list is helpful. It's just that I've been saving the official combine results on my computer for the last 3 years so I wanted to add this year's results. Also wanted to see the official numbers on the other workouts they do.

Thanks, TB.
  9. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There sure are a lot of "OC's" [Offensive cordinators] on that list.....they're strong too.......
  10. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    35 Likes Received
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Thanks, BW. That's what I was looking for.
  12. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
  13. Bobo

Bobo New Member

911 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know where you can get "official" times at. That is the electronic times. Just about ever site I see has different times listed for many players.
  14. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/combine.php?&sortorder=LastN&order=ASC

This page has almost every player from the combine and 11 different categories (height, weight, 40, 20, 10, bench, vertical, broad jump, short shuttle, 3-cone and wonerlic), but it doesn't have the exact heights and it has only one time for all of the drills (and they're not electronic times, either).
  15. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WR Mathis - Hampton. His 4.32 was spectacular but that 1.50 10 yard shows serious, serious quick as well. This guy may be a sleeper. He caught the ball well at combine as well by all accounts I read.
  16. AdamJT13

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    TFY Draft Preview is starting to post the official combine results -- electronic times, both times for every drill, etc. They've got CB, S, MLB and OLB up so far. But you have to have a membership to see them.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

How much is the membership?
  18. AdamJT13

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    TFY is through the same site as Silver Star Digest. I think if you get the membership to the Silver Star Digest, you get the membership to TFY with it (and every other team's site through that company). It's $7.95 per month.

https://secure.scout.com/store/view.aspx?s=112&p=6
  19. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Just because times aren't official eletronically doesn't mean jack, really.

Most scouts choose to use their own judgement, rather than that of a machine. But it is known that their is a difference in the start and end being deadly accurate with anyones forty yard dash. That's why one scout may have a player clocked a 4.49 while another at 4.52.

Eletronic times are done by sensors which are done from the players start and finish and are EXTREMELY accurate in gauging a person's 40 yard dash time. However, I don't put too much stock in those things, because a good player will shine no matter what any stop watch shows.
  20. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But beware hand times. It's well known in track world that hand times are .005 to a tenth of a second slower than actual electronic times. I laugh when they call Indy a slow track. No it just records actual times.

Ronnie Brown and Roger ran 4.32 and 4.31 hands that were officially 4.48 and 4.46 electronic.

Mathis 4.32 this year was a combine scorcher.