1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Official Cowboys Playoff Scenarios

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Dec 23, 2012.

1. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,943 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    Ahh I gotcha!
  2. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

826 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    So did the Redskins win over the Eagles and Cowboys loss to the Saints mean anything at all in terms of getting into the playoffs?

I know Minnesota won, so neither team is in this week.

Edit: I think the only real implication is that Washington may be able to sew up a wild card before kickoff, but to have any chance of winning the division still needs a win.
  3. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,943 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    If the Ravens hold on to beat the Giants then next week against the Redskins will be for the division so in the grand scheme of things no today's loss didn't mean much. Now if the Giants come back and win then maybe if the Giants beat the Eagles next week too.
  4. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Thanks no one on TV talks about the wildcard chances, just the NFC East
  5. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,164 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Does anybody know what happens if the Cowboys win the NFC East and the Giants, Redskins, Bears and Vikings finish 9-7?
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    The wildcard seems like a long shot because I don't expect the Bears and Vikings to lose next week

So the NFC East is the only way in
  7. JoeyBoy718

4,164 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Wow! I just did a NFL playoff simulator. There is a chance that 3 NFC East teams can make the playoffs:

If Dallas wins the NFC East, the Redskins and Giants can make the #5 and #6 seeds if they both finish 9-7 AND Seattle loses their last 2 games, Vikings lose against the Packers, and Chicago loses one of their last two.
  8. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Still surprised the Vikings won today
  9. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

723 Messages
    81 Likes Received

Only a Quarter until it doesn't matter. giants will lose, Cowboys win, they get the division.

But I actually could see the Bears and Vikings lose next week unless the packers decide to rest..
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Vikings look dangerous right now and that game will not be a cakewalk for the pack
  11. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

723 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Not saying that.. They gave up a bunch to AD a few weeks ago but I still think Packers are better if they play the whole game..
  12. JoeyBoy718

4,164 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    I doubt the Packers would decide to rest. They still have a shot at a 1st round bye.
  13. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,199 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Looks like Baltimore is going to take care of business. Next week will be a dogfight.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Why is our defense stronger on the road? This is a weird team
  15. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

723 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I think the matchups are better.. Really hope Ware is healthy enough to play. his presence alone helps..
  16. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,199 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Is this still the playoff scenario? Espn is reporting that the cowboys cannot be a wild card team if we lose.
  17. UppityCracker2

UppityCracker2 Member

619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am curious too. Everybody keeps talking about the win and in scenario. I don't care about that right now. I want to know what can happen if we lose. Do I need to root for anybody this afternoon?
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Yes, they only get in with a win
  19. UppityCracker2

UppityCracker2 Member

619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Crappy!
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Have you been sleep since week 15? By the Cowboys losing last week it cancelled all wildcard possibilities and made them only able to get in with a division title.

Think about this for one second...........:How would they still be eligible for a wildcard if they lose if they would be 8-8 and the Vikings are a game ahead of them? HUH????