1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Official Draft Thread Day One***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, May 7, 2014.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    Speaking from experience with back problems there is a good chance we draft top 5.
    links18 and mugsybows like this.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,483 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received
    Run game should be a force with Freddy, smith, and Martin ...if Garrett and Lineham will allow it.
    Then play action will actually have so e meaning.
    Smith22 likes this.
  3. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,659 Messages
    966 Likes Received
    Not the worst thing in the world. We are building for the future. Romo will not be apart of that future and I wish we would not have signed him to that toxic contract. We aren't contending next year at all.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Do we target an RB?

I think Demarco can be a pro-bowler (not a fill in pro-bowler) behind this O-Line if we run more like we should. But I think it's time we start to build a committee and really try to dominate the LOS and control the clock. Maybe after the 3rd round we should start considering RB's.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,885 Messages
    4,455 Likes Received
    Well the CBs were gone. Shazier gone. I thought maybe they'd go with a S there but shows at least they didn't want to spend a 1st on one so must think between Johnson, Heath, and Wilcox they might have a player.
  6. jobberone

38,885 Messages
    4,455 Likes Received
    Well since he's a T, G and C then I guess that makes him okay.
    EST_1986 likes this.
  7. jobberone

38,885 Messages
    4,455 Likes Received
    This year most likely although not be too surprised if he can't beat Leary or Mack out. I think he'll beat one or sub for an injury but I'm just penciling him in at G for now.
    rwalters31 likes this.
  8. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

491 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    The best pick since Larry Allen
  9. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Another thing: suddenly I'm not afraid of that 49er front 7 on opening night. :)
  10. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,956 Messages
    1,519 Likes Received
    When they interviewed him, he sounded genuinely happy to be coming to Dallas; especially during the "phone call" form Garrett and Linehan...pretty happy about him...he has just enough of an edge to him to build with Fred, Ty and Leary (and possibly free) for the future
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,483 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received
    You know Murray is pumped.

Should be great value at the position. But yeah, can't see it before the 4th or later.
  12. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

1,670 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Sad thing is in Garrett's head this means we can just pass more.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,152 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    The reality is that we've been going through season after season living on HOPE. We hope so and so pans out. We hope so and so's healthy. We hope Romo's back is ok. This is not how to run a team. We need to cover our bases. Romo's career may end this year. I'm not advocating taking Manziel, but we need to look for Romo's replacement ... now.

We can't wait like we did with Aikman ... where we finished the season with Anthony Wright, and then panic by drafting Quincy Carter in the 2nd round. We need to find someone to groom between Friday and Saturday.
    coult44 likes this.
  14. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,139 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Exactly.

Is there any doubt we are rebuilding?

The rest of the draft is way more critical than this pick of Martin.

We'll see.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,507 Messages
    9,661 Likes Received
    I am stoked for the 2nd and 3rd round tonight. Keep the momentum going with the Martin pick. No head scratchers or off the wall picks. Value, value, value.
  16. Risen Star

22,507 Messages
    9,661 Likes Received
    I thought the best pick of the first round was the Vikings selecting Bridgewater at 32.

The worst pick was the Dolphins' selection of Ja'Wuan James. With an honorable mention to the Eagles reaching for Marcus Smith.
  17. Risen Star

22,507 Messages
    9,661 Likes Received
    The ESPN set tonight and the rest of the draft is Berman, Mel, Dilfer and McShay. A much better panel than what they did in the first round. That was a horrible decision going with Gruden and Ray Lewis. They were NFLN bad.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,430 Messages
    3,753 Likes Received
    Not if Martin was grading out higher. Draft is not just need and there are other top players to be had in this draft. Dallas will take defensive players but being smart and taking the best player who also helps fill a need is important with that move we not only gain a starter but a guy who can play LT, RT and some say Center we also add depth with guys who played last season and faired well.
  19. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,845 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    possibly in round 3 or 4. i just don't see it happening round 2.
  20. jobberone

38,885 Messages
    4,455 Likes Received
    Didn't like the Fins pick. Bridgewater will be ok at least. I think the Eagles could have gotten a player. I saw him as late first at best upper second at worst. He's a player.