1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Official Fire Garrett thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyFan4Eva, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,156 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Go ahead. Fire him and hire another bozo puppet of a coach. That change should get us excited for a few weeks.
    Pokeness likes this.
  2. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

779 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    Told everyone another scrub is going to torch us for 400 yards.
    silver likes this.
  3. bracey

bracey Active Member

962 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Sign me up. He won't learn. Fire him, the entire staff. We need to rebuild.

Edit: Probably can't though. Jerry's made so many stupid contract decisions under the false hope that they could make a run with the current squad that we'll be in the hole for years.
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,267 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Is there a worse head coach in the league? Honestly.
    CowboyFan4Eva and peeblesri like this.
  5. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,959 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    Is garrett gone yet?
    peeblesri likes this.
  6. SJRTX

SJRTX Active Member

100 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I'm telling you, time to nuke this whole thing and set out with, I dunno, some kind of direction instead of Jerry's pieced together staff and team. They literally need to clear out everyone down to the waterboy.

I'm not a huge romo basher but I think it might be time to cut ties there as well and start with something fresh. Maybe Cutler for the time being. Time to start trying to get the best value we can for poor ole Witten and Ware and Romo. Wish jerry hadn't ruined their careers.
    CowboyFan4Eva and silver like this.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,891 Messages
    7,636 Likes Received
    Problem with that is the Eagles might well lose to CHI next week, too.
  8. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Probably a few coaches worse. But it isn't Garrett that is necessarily a problem as much as he's a symptom of the main problem. Our coach isn't Jason Garrett and hasn't been since Parcells left. It's been Jerry Jones.
  9. bracey

bracey Active Member

962 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Sad thing is, the time to do that was this last offseason.
  10. romothesavior

romothesavior Well-Known Member

840 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Serious question, Idgit... are you still on the JG bandwagon? I usually enjoy your posts and thoughts on the Boys, but your JG homerism is inexplicable to me. Surely after tonight you see where everyone else is coming from?
  11. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,267 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I hate Jerry as much as anyone, but there's a lot of a coaches out there who could do a hell of a lot better with this squad than Garrett is.
    Fletch likes this.
  12. SJRTX

SJRTX Active Member

100 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Actually if this team had a real GM, we wouldn't have any of these people in the front office. JG would have never even gotten considered for the job.
    bracey likes this.
  13. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,367 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    Welp, Garrett just threw Romo under the bus. Last INT was a run, Romo changed the play. Tread lightly Garrett, Jerry pays Tony a lot more money than you.
  14. bgolf90

bgolf90 New Member

21 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  15. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    And we may lose to the skins . . . . . Especially playing in the cold in DC.
  16. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,882 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    FIRE ALL OF THEM NOW!
  17. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Maybe, but not many coaches would want to come here with the control Jerry has. Jerry has to fire himself as coach and let the new coach make his hires. He should have basically let Garrett control the football team also. Basically we'll always have puppets with or without Garrett. The next guy will be no different if we continue to be JJs team.
  18. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    The 3-11 Redskins are about to get well in a hurry. No way Dallas recovers from this and wins a game the rest of the year. Redskins would love to eliminate Dallas.
  19. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I'm on board. I haven't been, but he's a freak of nature. Have a 24 point lead, run four times in the second half. It's like he is playing Madden out there.
    peeblesri likes this.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,891 Messages
    7,636 Likes Received
    That's actually what I think is most likely to happen at this point, honestly. I think both teams lose, and then we probably lose in week 17 for the division. Depending on who we're trotting out at LB at that point.