1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

*** Official Fire/Hate Garrett Thread ***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dallasfan4lizife, Oct 28, 2012.

1. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,173 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Almost every week this Cowboys team proves they belong on the field though. And yet, almost every week some players and coaches make head-scratching decisions that take away from the team belonging on the field.

There are positives and negatives to take away from each game, but the negatives outweigh the positives. Until that changes, we will continue to see the roller-coaster play.

There is/are a fundamental problem(s) in this team that need to be addressed now but I am not so sure the coaches know how to fix them.
  2. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Jason Garrett blew your money half as many times as he blew games, none of you would be talking about how one should be 'patient' with him.
  3. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nepotism is how he got where he got, plain and simple...
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    Sorry but when it comes to hiring a HC I would give any of them the same time to do the job. Garrett is in his 2nd full season as HC I would not hire any coach and give him less than 3. After year 3 if I don't like where things are going then I would look to someone else but this notion of hiring and firing at the drop of the hat is not something I buy into.
  5. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,494 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    Most of the people on here assumed that Romo is not the problem and then start their reasoning from that point forward. This season you are just plain wrong. Matt Schaub was mentioned earlier. Does Schaub have the talent Romo has? For the most part, no. Has Schaub played better this season? Without question, yes.

The one thing most of your are too darn stubborn to recognize is this.

YOU CAN'T WIN TURNING THE BALL OVER.

Period.

Can't do it.

I don't give a flip if you throw for 400 yards, when you throw multiple picks you lose. Any exception to this will only prove to confirm the rule.
  6. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,494 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    Nor should you. It is insane.
  7. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,173 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Sorry but when it comes to hiring a HC I would give any of them the same time to do the job. Garrett is in his 2nd full season as HC I would not hire any coach and give him less than 3. After year 3 if I don't like where things are going then I would look to someone else but this notion of hiring and firing at the drop of the hat is not something I buy into.

This is true, but that is a case if improvement is happening IMO. Do you see any on-field improvement except from the defense?

Not talking about drafting, FA acquisitions or the like. So far, it is still a process that is not processing on the field.
  8. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Jason Garrett blew even more money than the predecessor in a shorter amount of time, you would not wait around 3 years for him to 'right the ship' with your money... If you did, you'd be worse than Jerry Jones as a GM
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,366 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    I don't agree with this logic. He has been here for 6 years. We know what we have and we are not improving. What are you waiting for?

Most good coaches with our talent would already be in position. He is going backwards.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    Having a league leading rushing game helps. Last season Houston was the 2nd best rushing team in the league. Foster is a big part of that offense while Passing Houston ranked 18th. I don't blame Houston if we could run the ball like that I would not care if we were a top 10 passing team or not.
  11. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know one of the reasons why Foster is a big part of that offense? Why not look at what Alfred Morris is doing in Washington? But yeah, I'm sure you won't get the connection...
  12. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,436 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Shannahan and Kubiak? Denver connection. I remember guys by the name of Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns and Tatum Bell, all of them 1,000-yard rushers in Denver. I wonder why?
  13. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,494 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    I don't deny this. And if we didn't have the slew of injuries we have we would be a better running team too. But in the absence of

a. A great offensive line
    b. A healthy Demarco Murray

etc, etc.

You can't turn the ball over.
  14. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

80 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree that we should probably have come out in another formation to at least suggest the possibility of a run, but there is nothing to suggest our run game was capable of getting 1 yard when we needed it. Nothing. Felix averaged I THINK 1 yard a carry, and fumbled on his last rushing attempt. Romo was hot at that point, really hot so I understand not running the ball it's just the formation that was questionable to me. If Murray was in the backfield, I have no doubt that he would have ran the ball straight up the gut a few times.
  15. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,653 Messages
    1,344 Likes Received
    Even with all that, you mean to tell me that the best play JG could come up with is a long fade pass to Ogletree on 3rd and 1? An inconsistent receiver who hasn't caught one pass yet in the game.

If they wanted to pass, they should have ran the same play Phillips got the TD on.

That play had better chance of us getting the 1st down. Either by Romo rolling out and running it or passing it to Phillips.
  16. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,850 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    And not to mention that if the TD to Otree worked you leave a minute and change to Eli with 3 timeouts to at least tie and more likely win the game with a FG.

I mean, what kind of coach thinks like that?

My God!!!
  17. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    It doesn't sadden me at all. It lessens the trash we have to wade through on this forum.

Seriously, I have no problem with anyone who no longer has any faith in the Cowboys. Find another team, sport, hobby, whatever. If you want to leave a farewell message, that's fine with me, too. Just don't become a troll.