1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Official Give Him Some Props Thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 22, 2012.

1. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,622 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Do we even practice run-blocking? And why does it always seem the defense knows when we're going to run???
  2. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Dan Bailey. He deserves to have a better team around him.
  3. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Felix - 9 touches, 61 yards, 3 first downs, 1 TD, 0 fumbles, some good protection for Romo. Very solid game.

Just think what this guy could do if JG called his number more!
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,237 Messages
    1,442 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's nice. So glad he will be gone next year.
  5. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Why is that?
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,250 Messages
    2,450 Likes Received
    Oddly enough, there was some excellent individual performers in this game -- Dez Bryant, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, Anthony Spencer, Tony Romo even with the turnovers.

Spencer, particularly. He was a force today. Yet, this team still loses.
  7. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Was Parnell good? Or did I just not notice when he was bad?
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    The OL was getting driven into Romo all night. People think it was good protection cuz no one came free at Romo, but getting bull rushed into him most of the night is just as bad, if not worse.
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Yes, the defenses are purposefully trying to bullrush the Tackles because it really squeezes Romo in the pocket and diminishes his ability to get into space and make plays. Normally only Free gets caved in so Romo has an alley to escape but today Parnell was getting driven back, too.

FWIW, Parnell looked better than Free today. Actually, he looks better right now than many first round OTs (anyone see Carimi against the 49ers). I think we may be better off starting Parnell once Tyron is back to see if it helps strengthen the OL but I doubt it will happen. I still think our best 5 could be:

Smith Livings Killer Holland/Bernadeau/Costa Parnell/Cook

I'd leave the RG spot as a battle and I"d bring in Holland off the street while cutting Dockery loose. I'd stick Free on the bench and let Parnell and Cook battle it out at RT. It'd be interesting to see what this OL could do with its 2 biggest problems gone (C and RG in run block; RG and RT in pass block).
  10. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,102 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    Give me a break with that. Romo threw the ball 60plus times and they were behind by as many as four td's, he isn't going to have a clean pocket every time. They did well considering what is left over and the circumstances they were under.
  11. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    I was looking at the Oline play closer in the 2nd half, and Parnell looked better than I thought. He moved well laterally. Maybe it's because of his basketball background but he had good footwork.

It could also be because Deadskins' pass rushers suck.
  12. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Garrett.
  13. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone questioning Felix Jones' toughness or mental toughness or competitive fire or heart should have their head examined. Troy Aikman stated it best on Jones' TD. "He just wanted it".

The Atlanta game still makes me mad. Felix puts up 9-39 (4.3 YPC), and he gets hot in the second half. After the equivalent of 2 games, Jones is finally getting some decent running room. What do the Cowboys do? They pull him out of the game when he's hot and never get back to running him. The very next week, Felix goes 16-71 (4.4 YPC) against the Eagles. Dallas abandoned Jones against the Eagles when he was hot, and they lost control of that game, too. If Jones carries it 14-16 times against the Falcons, I think the Cowboys win that game.

Unless Sean Payton comes to Dallas and convinces Felix Jones to stay, I think Felix will bolt to a team like Denver or Green Bay. John Fox values the RB position, and Jones will be the best running back on the market. Denver is "going for it", too. You put Felix Jones behind Denver's line, and he's going to go off. It's a perfect fit, too. I think Denver is where Felix will end up next year, imo. In fact, Felix may be playing on Thanksgiving Day in Dallas next year; except he will be playing for Denver.

Felix Jones gave his all to the Cowboys today, and he's done it for the last 5 seasons. Teams around the NFL will take note of that fact. They have 5 years of tape to look at, including the recent Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Atlanta games. Jones had some room to run during those games. That Carolina game will serve him well, too. Jones had a good first half, but the run blocking was very poor in the second half. Jones showed his toughness in that game, too.
  14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,428 Messages
    910 Likes Received
    So you'll give Dez props despite his fumble turning the tide of the game and despite him dropping a pass in the end zone that great receivers have to make, but none for Romo because "he didn't do squad over half the game"?

I'll give you credit: You're consistent.
  15. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I also have noticed Parnells' good footwork from early on in his career. It is surprising that he has it since he is such a football neophyte. The part that he isn't used to from his basketball background is the brute strength needed to play his position and it is not surprising that this is the part of the game he still struggles with - getting a good initial punch and then being able to latch on and anchor in against strong 300 pound men.

Everytime I see him on the field I think he has gotten a little bit better. I now believe that he is probably a better player than Free and that we may be better off putting Tyron back at RT while playing Parnell at LT if that is where each is more comfortable. However, it may make more sense just to finish out the year with Smith at LT and move Parnell to RT for continuity sake.
  16. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    B. :)

B is the best answer. Hostile doesn't like Campo or kickers.

I thought Dez Bryant was great in this game, but he didn't have that ball secured on his fumble. Bryant can be as good as he wants to be. He's a good football player.

I hated to see Tyron Smith miss this game, but I wouldn't risk hurting him anymore. Tyron has played very good this year, and the Cowboys better hope he can come back. I think it could get real ugly without him. By the way, Smith is their best run blocker.
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Parnell does look like at least a serviceable backup... And FWIW, Jerry said on his show this week that the coaches say Parnell has the strongest punch on the team. Amazing but I guess true.

And my props will go to Spencer. He's outplaying Ware lately. And also playing with great effort. One thing I always liked about him is that he plays pretty pissed off, or at least more than probably anyone but Ratliff.
  18. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    The fumble was on him but the drop on the TD late anyone getting hit with someone's helmet on their hands is gonna drop it. The dude flat out balled today period. His second TD catch was amazing b/c of how bad the throw was & I'm not dissing Romo either b/c the Oline is flat out awful.
  19. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1-800-SeanPaytonHelp

I really don't know what else to say. A team like Denver can lose McGahee (7 carries), but they can plug in running back "X" and "Y" and still bust 133 rushing yards. They were playing San Diego, too. Teams all over the NFL can open rushing lanes, but this team can't do it. I think the team needs a fresh start with a new head coach, and they need 4 new offensive linemen. This team needs a fresh set of eyes, imo.

Jerry Jones should go after Sean Payton and allow Payton to bring in his own personnel guy. We'll see.

I hope the Cowboys win next week.