***Official NETFLIX thread***

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Trouty

Trouty Dakistani Zone Supporter

11,919 Messages
    29,628 Likes Received
    No love for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? Far out comedy that was initially made for NBC, but since they didn't pick it up (and after a whole season was made), Netflix bought it. It's over-the-top comedy, but Ellie Kemper is gold. Amazing comedic timing, she sort of came out of no where.

Frances Ha is a delight. A Woody Allen sort of vibe. Beautiful cinematography.

Short Term 12. Excellent. A woman working at a group home who has demons of her own. Incredibly well-acted.

2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

68,130 Messages
    15,470 Likes Received
    Finally finished Spotless. really enjoyed the show and hope they get season two out soon.

If you have not watched it it is a franco/british show set in london with one Brother who is a cleaner. He cleans up crime scenes and his estranged brother comes to town and gets them involved with a British gangster and his crazy brother. Pretty good show IMO.

3. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member

1,323 Messages
    937 Likes Received
    When I did have Netflix I watched the brain dead stuff, family guy,futurama, and a lot of the trailer park boys,nothing riveting or serious but caught some pretty good movies also that I'd never have went to the theater to go see or rented ,,,,

4. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,698 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    yes. good show.

5. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Well-Known Member

2,379 Messages
    2,794 Likes Received
    Watch I "No Longer Feel at Home in This World."

It has Elijah Wood, and is pretty funny.

6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

33,950 Messages
    6,352 Likes Received

Sounds like something I would want to see...

But.... it seems the only thing I can watch with British accents is Star Wars movies lol

7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

22,940 Messages
    3,538 Likes Received
    OA was watchable but yea, calling it a Stranger Things type show was insane. Two different worlds.
    I am not sure if I'd watch a season 2 of OA as it did at times feel like a chore to get to the end.

8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

22,940 Messages
    3,538 Likes Received
    various and most or all mentioned previously:

luke cage: cheesy but watchable. very like jessica jones. didn;t carry well throughout the season and was predictable.
    stranger things: gold.
    OA: watchable with some cool moments but some episodes were almost painful and ending was blah. i'd have to be bored to watch a season 2.
    love: not a bad rom com style show. characters are well developed and believable. very California vibe. easy to watch.
    hell on wheels: loved season 1 before netflix but it did grow mundane to me. might have been better as a single movie
    longmire: also watched it before netflix.it was good as well early but lost out to more interesting shows. might eventually go finish it off on netflix.

HBO--
    Insecure: very interesting story line. like weird reality tv take on a rom com.
    Westworld: I didn't think this was as good as advertised but it was very watchable.

9. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

11,386 Messages
    4,107 Likes Received
    Iron Fist is released today and will check it tonight

10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

24,494 Messages
    3,101 Likes Received
  11. negativecreep

negativecreep Well-Known Member

1,142 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    I've always been too cheap to go for netflix(I still watch a tv I bought at a thrift store 10 years ago for $12), is it all it's cracked up to be? I finally have some funds I can use on stuff like that, among other things..

12. BrAinPaiNt

68,130 Messages
    15,470 Likes Received
    I enjoy it.

Good thing is if you don't like it...after buying a card (you get a $30 card which covers three months plus you normally get at least one month free). So for $30 you should get around 4 months and if you don't like it...don't get another card. I buy the netflix cards so there is no way they can charge you over that.

I am not sure how much it would cost you to get a roku, chromecast or one of the other methods to work on your TV. Although you could do it on most phones, tablets and computers without buying anything extra.

Personally I use it quite a bit. There are thousands of tv shows and movies on there and they add and delete movies every month.
    Keep in mind this is not HBO so you are not getting the newest theater movies as they hit DVD status although you might get a few.

You could also see if there is someone near you that has it on their computer or phone and ask them to look through the listings of shows and movies just to get an idea.

I will say this...some of their exclusive shows are just as good, if not better than some of the current shows on TV. I have found their Marvel shows are MUCH better than the DC shows they have on CW.

13. negativecreep

1,142 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    thanks , I think I'm going to give it a try :) got a tablet, labtop and I'm planning on upgrading my TV, Since I'm getting married in just over a month, sounds cool and I don't think the Wife would be too upset if I updated things a little, lol. Appreciate the opinion.

14. BrAinPaiNt

68,130 Messages
    15,470 Likes Received
    Need another new show to watch. Finished trailer park boys new season this past weekend.
    Someone said to try Schitt$ Creek (not circumventing filter...that is actual title) and after 3 episodes I just can't bring myself to watch another.

Maybe I will go back to death in Paradise....I kind of liked that one before I got side tracked with a bunch of other shows.

Any suggestions of decent shows...maybe I have not heard of them or have not given a chance?

15. negativecreep

1,142 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    Ok, tried out Netflix, I'm hooked.

16. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

7,134 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    Black Mirror.

17. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,385 Messages
    5,955 Likes Received
    Interested in watching three mini-series The Sixties, The Seventies and The Eighties. Hopefully they're not too agenda-driven. We'll see.

18. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,385 Messages
    5,955 Likes Received
    Anyone watch Hotel Beau Sejour?

19. BrAinPaiNt

68,130 Messages
    15,470 Likes Received
    Friend at work keeps telling me to watch it. Says it is pretty good.
    I just have not got around to it yet.

20. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

7,134 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    I binge watched Frontier. Its about the furnace in the 1800s in Canada. Kind of lame.