1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Official Troy Aikman HOF Announcement Thread*** (Speech Transcript included)

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He had several closeups.
  2. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :bow: To Aikman.
  3. doomsday81

doomsday81 New Member

398 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm comfortable enough in my role as a beer-guzzling, football-loving male to admit I cried like a baby during Aikman's speech. For those of us a tad too young to remember the Cowboys of the 70s, it will never get any better as a fan than it was with those teams of the 90s. Sure, if Dallas wins the Super Bowl this year it would be great but it just wouldn't be the same for me. That was a special time, a special team filled with special players. I love those guys.

By the way, the next time someone describes Aikman as a "system quarterback" take this advice: don't say a word. Don't defend him, just turn around and walk away. That person is obviously not intelligent enough to hold a football conversation with you. How 'bout them Cowboys!
  4. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I must be blind then. I saw Moose, Newton, Novacek, and Irvin, but no Emmitt. And I watched the whole speech closely.
  5. EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy New Member

940 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Emmitt was there.

And Troy's speech got a lot better, and ended up being a great one. Not as good as Rayfield's imo, but the close.
  6. kojak

kojak Who Loves Ya Baby?

2,311 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Gee. Some people have no class at all. Today wasn't about being homers of the cowboys, but about being fans of the greatest sport of all time.

Congrats to all the HOF inductees. Well deserved in my book.:bow:
  7. felix360

felix360 Active Member

1,142 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Well that's great good for him maybe now that's he in the hall as a COWBOY he can stop dissing us so much when he does our games on tv
  8. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    For the people who saw Emmitt, were you watching ESPN or NFL Network? I was pretty surprised when Troy mentioned Emmitt's name and the NFL Network cameras just panned around showing miscellaneous people in the crowd.
  9. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thats true,but Carson kind of did some politicking, good and bad. But Aikman,Wright (the best), and Madden were good speeches.
  10. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Seems like on NFL Network they didn't show emmit, but on ESPN they might have? BEcauase I saw NFL Network version, so maybe people watching ESPN got glimpse of Emmit. Which is strange since Emmit is NFL network employee at least was anyway.
  11. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was watching ESPN, that could be the problem.
  12. Shaun

Shaun Member

317 Messages
    0 Likes Received

ESPN showed Emmitt.
  13. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Yeah, apparently the ESPN camera crew isn't quite as inept as the NFL Network crew.

I'm not blind, dammit!
  14. whcarm

whcarm Member

482 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it was pretty funny that he mentioned pretty much every coach he had from middle school on, but he never said a thing about Chan Gailey. He really hated that guy.
  15. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haha, good observation, Chan Gailey blows.
  16. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ESPN did, twice in fact.
  17. doomsday81

doomsday81 New Member

398 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's called being objective. Darren Woodson is the same way. I like former players who don't bend over for the teams they played with. Too many of them do that. I thought Sterling Sharpe's display on ESPN after his brother won the Super Bowl was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen. Bob Griese called the Michigan/Washington State game when his son won the National Championship and didn't act like that. As long as someone is giving me their honest opinion - whether I agree or disagree - I don't mind. Aikman is being paid to be an NFL analyst, not to give the Cowboys a weekly ball washing. This is something that idiots like Joe Theisman never learned.
  18. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I completely agree. Troy is one of the best in the business because of this. Dont think that he doenst like the team, he just wants to be as fair as possible so people dont think he is biased. He always strived to be the best player, and I dont see why he wouldnt strive to be the best broadcaster, that includes things like forgetting what team you love during national telecasts. Some one should tell that doosh Berman and that doosh Thiesman about this.
  19. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,517 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    And what's really great is that we should get to relive this scenario again and again in the near future. Emmitt, LA and hopefully Irvin, (not to mention more 70s guys), should be inducted in the near future. Cowboys jerseys will be everywhere in Canton. I love it.
  20. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,517 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    I was wondering if anyone else felt that Aikman was a little too harsh on the Cowboys during broadcasts. I understand him trying to be professional and all, but he needs to lighten up. Either it's because he has higher standards for the team he played for or he doesn't want to seem biased.

By the way, great sig, Felix.