1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by bhamzspecial, Jan 16, 2012.

1. bhamzspecial

bhamzspecial Member

72 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Resign-Robinson and Holland
    Tender-Fiametta(restricted free agent)
    Sign-Carl Nicks and Jason Allen(FA Backup QB)
    Would love to sign John Abraham to a one-year deal as nickle pass rusher

2012 O-line

LT-Smith
    LG-Nicks
    C-Arkin(talked about by Broddaus) or low cost veteran
    RG-Holland(draft pick could start here)
    RT-Free

Backups-Parnell,Kowalski,Draft pick,veteran tackle(9)

Offense
    QB(3) Romo,FA,McGee
    RB(3)Murray,Jones and Tanner
    FB(1)Fiametta
    WR(6)Dez,Austin,Robinson,Holmes,Radway,DP
    TE(3)Witten,Phillips,DP

Defense
    DE(5)-Ratliff,Lissemore,Hatcher,Spears,Geather(?)
    NT(2)-Brent,Calloway or DP

OLB(4)-Ware,Butler,DP,Albrigth(?)
    ILB(4)-Lee,Carter,Lemon,(DP or free agent)tler
    Corners(6)-Allen,Jenkins,Scandrick,Butler,DP,DP
    S(4)-Sensy,McCray,Church,DP or free agent

Secondary-Huge problem to fix

Draft
    1-Nick PerryOLB ( Moving up to get Kirkpatrick could change direction of draft) Take away 2nd round pick
    2-Markelle Martin(S)
    3-Trumaine Johnson(CB) Trade 2nd RD 2103 draft pick
    3-Kevin Zeitelr(OG)
    4-Joe Adams(WR/PR/KR)
    5-George Bryan(TE)
    6-CB

2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Well-Known Member

1,075 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I like the thought that you put in this, but I have a couple of question marks.

I don't understand why so many people are talking about Arkin, and claiming that he played this year. He was a healthy scratch every single game this year because the guy just isn't strong enough to play. How does a mid round draft pick NOT get a chance to play on our o-line this year? I think he's another bust and putting him at center would be out of position (unless he played in college, but he came out as a guard).

I like signing Nicks and I think it's a real possibility. A top tier guard or cornerback will be on our team next year, and I believe we will target whichever one we don't sign in free agency through the draft.

I think Kirkpatrick has a chance to fall to us, and if we have to get rid of our 2nd round draft pick just go get him, then I am not interested. There is other top-tier talent available at positions of need (Kuechly, DeCastro, Still and Barron if he drafts wel). I would also be more intersted in Harrison Smith over Martin in the 2nd round. I also don't think Trumaine Johnson will be availabe in the 3rd round.

Also, I see that you moved Ratliff to DE but did not address DT in the draft or in FA. Linebacker depth also is an issue with this scenario.