1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Twitter: OG Nate Livings and DT Travis Chappelear released

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,464 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    This.

I don't think anyone expected Livings and Bernadeau to become stalwarts on the o-line. I think most considered them stopgaps.

The idea was to plug them in until they could be replaced by quality young talent via the 2011/2012 drafts.
  2. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member

3,431 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    I agree on the bonus portion, was more talking about his game checks, since we can't release him from IR unless we come to a settlement. We would be saving money by not paying 16 game checks, just what ever the settlement came too. Hence saving some salary cap space.
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,464 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    As stopgaps. I don't think he envisioned either being future Pro Bowlers.
  4. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,357 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    If you don't think we've picked up better talent under Garrett than under previous regimes, then you're pretty much just trolling or covering your eyes and pretending its all just a bad dream.
    Cowboysfan1975 and Vanilla2 like this.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

8,841 Messages
    3,142 Likes Received
    wait, so you are saying that jason does not have very very significant input into talent acquisition even now?

all the board cheerleaders have been telling us that the talent acquisition is now 'much better' and this is because of garrett's influence
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Fail. Livings was signed over a month before the draft.
  7. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,892 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 47s
    Nate Livings still gets his $1.7 million that's guaranteed and won't get more money from injury settlement.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 1m
    Nate Livings makes $1.7m from Cowboys this year regardless. If he signs w/ new team Cowboys would b on hook for the difference in salaries
  8. onlyonenow

onlyonenow Benched

102 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Callahan was given $1.75 from Jerry to buy a couple of guards and he had to take what he could get.
  9. boysfanindc

3,431 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    So we basically got Nate for 1 year for $6.2M guaranteed, Waters looks pretty cheap!

Nate = Very bad signing!
  10. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,665 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Thank goodness. I actually hope the Cowboys hold on to Bern because I think he is a perfectly servicable swing guard.
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

8,070 Messages
    1,592 Likes Received
    LOL. You are going to have some missteps like this. You have to take chances. Cowboys took chances on similar guys like Marc Columbo and Kyle Kosier and it worked. It didn't work with Livings. Its that simple. Your organization isn't going to be flawless I don't care if you're the Pats or the Ravens.
    arglebargle likes this.
  12. sunbum

sunbum Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    283 Likes Received
  13. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,892 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 1m
    Nate Livings will count $2.1 million against the Cowboys' salary cap next season. http://es.pn/17HqaKf
  14. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist Zone Supporter

6,510 Messages
    3,027 Likes Received
    The only cap relief they get is if someone else signs him for the rest of the year and that amount is subtracted from his 1.7m salary. I don't mind the signing bonuses, but the guaranteed salaries for average at best players is never smart. The 2.1m in dead money next is no bueno.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

56,669 Messages
    9,093 Likes Received
    Just another reason to party in the streets. LOVE the moves we are making the last week.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,170 Messages
    7,050 Likes Received
    Ugh that makes me sick.
  17. boysfanindc

3,431 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    +1, bad business all the way around.
  18. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

3,251 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    just a couple of facts. callahan who is suppose to be one of the better oline coaches around worked both livings and bernie out and signed off on both. garrett, like jerry relied on his input which is what a team is supoose to do. seems like your oline coach is the best guy to evaluate oline personnel. not your head coach who is a former qb
  19. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,710 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    I wish that were true.
  20. onlyonenow

onlyonenow Benched

102 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    you do know that with the very little money Jerry was letting him use that was about all that could be bought. Dumpster diving.