1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Ogbogu back...***B. Thornton released***

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dbair1967, Sep 8, 2005.

1. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    according to Micky and Bill Jones on the Cowboys.com radio...said he was practicing today...somebody must have been released but they didnt know who yet...

David
  2. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,668 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Interesting, gives us more experience at OLB even though its a new position for him. Certainly gives us more than enough pass rushers from that position, Ware, Fujita, and Burnett.
    I would have thought about bringing in a true 3-4 ILB due to the fact we face Tomlinson this week.
  3. smashmouth

smashmouth Benched

1,411 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BP is serious about depth on the front line this year.
  4. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,668 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Another point about this is his salary will be guaranteed for the year now, so the salary cap hit will be bigger(Adam?). BP must have thought he couldnt do without him.
  5. Boy's fan in Giant land

Boy's fan in Giant land New Member

775 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm glad he's back. Always liked him as a pass rusher. Good motor.
  6. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Soomeone get picked up by the Police for Lewd & Lacivious conduct maybe? Failed drug test? Must be some kind of drama to have to fill a hole this late.

:omg:
  7. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    rUHT rOW

Anyone see Als - He's the OLB with a $2M cap hit.......
  8. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,101 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I bust Nors chops a fair bit. But it's time to give credit where it's due: Nors called this on cut-down day, and it was far from obvious to me. Props, Nors.
  9. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,101 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Of course, Al being cut as part of Ogbogu's return was the second half of your prediction. Don't suppose you'll be as accurate with that one. :D
  10. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This could get real, real interesting if they made the move I suspect...

Als and his $2M cap # is a problem - has been the whole time. Get Fajita and Burnett out there! Ogs back

Maybe Fajita stepped in ready? BP said lets make the change now!

Fajita has experience against Chargers.....
  11. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    If Fujita looked good, I can see Al S. being out the door. But I don't think that is what we'll see. BP loves guys who are consistent - even if they are consistently mediocre - it allows him to know what to expect from a position.

My guess is that Bruce Thornton is out.
  12. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thats what it looks like to me - They don't want to guarantee the Big $ to Als when the near future is Fajita and Burnett. Ogs signed for vet min I'm sure.
  13. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    could be...they've been gushing over Fugita...maybe they saw enough of him in practice to move him into the starting role today

or it might have been somebody like "pepper" Johnson, who they thought probably wouldnt be active on any game days anyway...

David
  14. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,722 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    glad he's back....always liked the guy. :D
  15. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If its not Als it has to be Thornton
  16. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    How does Ogbogu stick on this roster year after year? Even when we have the depth to send him packin', here he is, almost 31 years old with a pedestrian career at best.

Is it the Protect This House commercials? Hey, we could let someone else do those, maybe someone with some talent.
  17. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its funny how many spellings of Fujita I have seen in this thread alone, I think 3 or 4. Lol, I have seen several spellings of it, just thought it was funny.........ok........i'll stop talking now, lol. J/K

I think Thornton is out the door, Al as too much mula on him, and he is an ok player. Ogs was brought back, prolly like you guys said, hes a vet and knows what hes doing, thats prolly why he hadnt signed with anyone else (like Morgan) cuz BP told him he'd prolly be back. I'm glad hes back, too, hes a player, works hard.
  18. Jon

Jon New Member

227 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys release CB Thornton
    By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING – The Cowboys released cornerback Bruce Thornton and re-signed defensive end Eric Ogbogu on Thursday.
    The move was necessitated by an unknown injury to linebacker Kevin Burnett, the club’s second-round draft pick from Tennessee. Burnett was held out of practice on Thursday.

The Cowboys open the season on Sunday at San Diego.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/nfl/dallas_cowboys/12592084.htm
  19. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,876 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    Some draft that was eh?

We got what, Julius and Crayton out of it?

And 3 of our top five picks have been released (within one year of the draft). Rogers, Ryan (lol, twice), now Thornton
  20. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now that sux.....