1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Oh, the Horror...A Jerry Question

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Dec 31, 2012.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,470 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    Let's say Jerry, using his Jerry sized brain, watches the NFLN and comes away with the idea Romo is what gets the team there, but is what kills the teams chances.

Not saying that is right or wrong, just what the man behind the curtain is thinking.

And he decides to pull a Washington and trade away multiple first day picks this year and next for a quarterback.

Now I don't know what QB's are worth a hoot this season, but I have several questions.

1. Does your head explode at the news he just pulled this?

2. Is this a stupid idea?

3. Should he immediately trade Romo and just toss the rookie in the fray?

4. What if it's Geno Smith meaning Jerry gave up a 1, 2, and 3 this year and a 1 next year?

Just curious.
  2. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,080 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    one year late to pull a stunt like that and if he did #4, I may have to just quit watching altogether, had he done it last year for Luck, I'd be on board or at least optimistic about the long term future. This still doesn't help the serious problems they have on the OL
  3. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    There are 0 QB's coming out with that "it" factor... Fans are going to have to live and die with Romo for the next 3-4 years... Hopefully "live" more than die
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    God I hate the IGS
  5. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    if he does this, who is going to block for him and tackle the other team?
  6. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    With the qbs coming out we will have too groom them behind Romo for a year or two, lets not go with the pocket qb, we need some of this new quarterbacks that are coming out and the most athletic player on the field, whether ours smith, the guy from Clemson, the guy from Virginia tech the last two can really be had on day 2 maybe even 3 and have them grow behind what we have and eventually take over unless they can out play what we have in pre season
  7. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    It would be the smartest move he's made since he hired Jimmy Johnson in 1989!

Don't worry, Romo isn't going anywhere, Jerry is married to the little bum..
  8. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,116 Messages
    1,974 Likes Received
    I am more interested in getting the trenches shored up. Work from there - outward. Until the OL and DL are shored up, I don't care if Pee Wee Herman is our QB.
  9. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,802 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    As much as I dislike Romo. I think we need to address the OL and get a pass rusher. We also need to fire Garrett as the OC and get a real OC in here to call the plays. I am hoping with Norv being out there Jerry will pull the trigger and bring him back.
  10. bracey

bracey Active Member

970 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Orton would be serviceable and a lot cheaper. Maybe we could invest in some blocking.
  11. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,920 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    = more 8-8/mediocrity
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,892 Messages
    2,365 Likes Received
    i would hate it becasue it is a stupid idea

i would not put it past jerry for that very reason and knowing that he is a reactionary person with little knowledge of football so i shudder to think that the lesson he learned from this season is that we need a "mobile" QB

however, the usual suspects on this board will laud ANY move jerry makes
  13. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,946 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Geno Smith had a complete meltdown in the Pinstripe Bowl vs Syracuse.

Even if he did have that "it" factor, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

I don't think the Cowboys will, either.
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yes, my head explodes. There aren't any good QBs this year.
  15. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If we traded anything for Geno Smith then you may as well flush the future of this franchise for quite awhile.
  16. bracey

bracey Active Member

970 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    It would put the money is productive spots to go after a good QB in the future. If Romo wants to cut his pay for the betterment of the team, I'm all for trying it with him. Otherwise, unless we can get rid of the cap, all we can achieve is that mediocrity.