1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ok Guys, may have found our Backup NT Brian Soi Supplemental Drft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 6, 2007.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Ok, guys, does anyone watch Utal ST, mainly Brian Soi, he is reported to be the next Haloti, that went to the Ravens a few years ago, and he is good, let me tell you, so anyone watch this guy, got any more info on him? ;Defensive tackle
    Provo (UT) Timpview

Ht: 6-foot-4
    Wt: 295 lbs
    Forty: 4.91 secs
    Bench max: 352 pounds
    Vertical: 26 inches
    Class: 2003 (High Schoo
  2. DEZBRYANT x88x

DEZBRYANT x88x Caps8Cowboys41

2,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    isnt that kinda small .weight wise for a NT???
  3. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
    :huh:
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yeah, but this kid is like 20 years old best I know of, time to grow into more size, and even at that, with a 352 bench press at 20 years old or so, is still pretty good, so was just wondering if anyone has seen him play,
  5. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Who has Jeff Ireland's phone nbr?
  6. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm gonna stop hoping we sign or draft a NT, apperantly they'll address the position when it begins to hold the team back (like the FS position for sooooooo many years)
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,598 Messages
    5,505 Likes Received
    According to Ireland after the draft, addressing the NT position is/was a low priority. The Cowboys like the rotation they have with the way that position will be used in the new D.
  8. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's pretty much what I meant, I know they believe it's low priority, I just disagree.
  9. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Ok, so when does TC start again?
  10. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,914 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Needs time in weight room?
  11. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    You want a NT who doesn't even bench 400 pounds?
  12. Q_the_man

Q_the_man Active Member

2,337 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You say he is good but by ur wording u never saw him! Have u ever seen him play?
  13. Q_the_man

Q_the_man Active Member

2,337 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    when i was 16 i was benching 300 and i was 5'10..... Well i'm still 5'10 but i weigh 165 lbs and he's 20 and only benches 352.....
  14. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,597 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Maybe he can play against the little interior linemen to start.
  15. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've read somewhere within the last few days that the Cowboys really like Ola Dunganduro (?sp), the undrafted FA they signed. Don't know whether that means he's got a legit shot to make the PS or actually make the team as Ferguson's backup. Will be interesting to see what happens in TC which is now only 16 days away (after today). Late this coming week we should start hearing about signings of a few of our drafted players.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    I swear Ab, as I was reading this profile I thought, "so what?" I weigh about 15 pounds less than that guy, but I am faster and apparently stronger because I'm benching 375 right now and have a goal of 400 in the next 2 years.

The problem is, I'm 43 years old.

Honestly, that profile isn't impressive at all.
  17. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,597 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    I wouldn't put too much stock in that at this point. Ola is pretty much fighting to get on the PS right now and no one has seen him with pads. The bigger the player, the less you can get a sense of their game without pads or contact.

I don't think we'll hear about signings until we get a day or two away from camp -- unless the team has radically changed the way they approach the signing of picks.
  18. flashback

flashback Real Man of Genius

707 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think the Cowboys are going to spend next years draft picks along the DL at this point. If you look at the analysis over on DMN, the first 5 guys on the depth chart are pretty well set. Fergusun, Spears, Canty, Ratliff, and Hatcher. That leaves one or two spots for Bowen, Dagunduro, Stanley, Ayodele, Marcus Smith, and whoever else the Cowboys bring in between now and camp to fight over.

I think we're ready to stop throwing bodies at the position, and would only be interested in someone who's a clear upgrade to those top 5 guys.
  19. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree that is not that impressive. At 18 I was 5'8" - 190 and could bench 300. This guy weighs 100 lbs more than I did and can only do 52 lbs more than I could. Definitely needs time in the weight room.
  20. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, we won't... the first signing won't come until a day or two before training camp opens, IOW about 2 weeks from now... that's the way the Cowboys have done things these past few years...